Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What became of Aaron Esley ?

• 09-03-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Do you remember the Clare Elvis impersonator (who I'm told actually believed he was Elvis) ? You'd see him around town about 15 yrs ago, and I know he played Masters (over 40s) hurling for Clare, mad sideburns and all.... I remember bumping into him in Enzo's queuing for a bag of chips, back when they were 50p.

Whatever happened to him ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

He may be in jail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

what a nut job, last i saw, he was bits in brandons bout 3 yrs ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Last time I saw him was about 3 years ago in that taxi office used to be behind The Brewery. The dispatcher (moustache, worked in Banner Taxis as well and Shannon airport by day) started shouting at him to get out for a few minutes, then came out and chucked him out in a very aggressive manner.

I'd seen him around a few times before that, mostly in Brandons. He was always smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I remember that guy aswell, he used to be around the market in Ennis,
    That brings back memories, he was an awful fool though, he used to always try and flog tapes, funny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Last time I saw him was when I was in a pub and the guards came in, I've never seen anyone leg it through a bar so quick in my life, dangerous ***k as well I heard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Clareman wrote: »
    Last time I saw him was when I was in a pub and the guards came in, I've never seen anyone leg it through a bar so quick in my life, dangerous ***k as well I heard

...then imagine him running at you with a hurley in his hand !! :eek:

...then imagine him running at you with a hurley in his hand !! :eek:
    Better than if he had a mic in his hand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bassnut

Do you remember the Clare Elvis impersonator (who I'm told actually believed he was Elvis) ? You'd see him around town about 15 yrs ago, and I know he played Masters (over 40s) hurling for Clare, mad sideburns and all.... I remember bumping into him in Enzo's queuing for a bag of chips, back when they were 50p.

his real name is hubert armstrong and he is originally from kilmihil ( no messin) he drinks in gort in hartes pub the odd time last year anyway after he was barred from brandons for throwing an ashtray at the barmaid for refusing him when he was ossified. basically gets the bus up to gort every so often to go drinkin ...absolute nut job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

He's not from Kilmihill anyway. I think it's over around Kilmurray somewhere. I think he and his brother had a farm over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

finbarrk wrote: »
    he and his brother had a farm over there.
    they called it graceland

haha a google of esley and his "real name" threw up this, makes perfect sense, you need to sign up to read full article tho

1zr0w1f.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't think anywhere will be fighting to claim him as their own son, I think we'll be happy to call Gort the new Graceland, congrats to all involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think anywhere will be fighting to claim him as their own son, I think we'll be happy to call Gort the new Graceland, congrats to all involved :D

The home of Samba is now home to the King :D
    What next for this magical galway town ????

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    The home of Samba is now home to the King :D
    What next for this magical galway town ????
    Plaque of locusts or something like that, or would that be a step up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Copy paste that article in here. I can't be arsed registering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

finbarrk wrote: »
    He's not from Kilmihill anyway. I think it's over around Kilmurray somewhere. I think he and his brother had a farm over there.

Your spot on. Big land dispute as well going on between them,land WAS worth a fortune:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Saw him last night in Shebeen Chic just off Dame Street. Bought me and drink (and about five other people). Gave me a free CD. He seemed totally crazy but harmless so.. ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Yea, he is in Dublin now.
    I remember seeing his picture in The Star when they had coverage of Gerry Ryan's funeral. There was a picture of him leaving a rose at Gerry Ryan's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

I remember seeing him trying to decapitate someone in the over 40's when I was a young lad.There was real intent there. A loon job.100%:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Harsh thread that has even been contributed to by the Mod of this forum. If he was a member of your family would you like him being described as in this thread.

Poor form in a regional forum folks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kasabian wrote: »
    Harsh thread that has even been contributed to by the Mod of this forum. If he was a member of your family would you like him being described as in this thread.

Poor form in a regional forum folks.

Clareman's posts were made a year and a half before he became a moderator on this forum. Be fair.

Now that this thread has been brought to my attention, I'm closing it.

Next time, please do us a favour and just report the post so something can be done about it quickly.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement