Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushmills Rum cask

Options
  • 09-03-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭

Came across a Bushmills 12 YO single malt matured in rum casks (fully matured, not finished) in Grenoble DutyFree.

I do like rum and Bushmills so was tempted but it was quite expensive, I'd never heard anything about it and I was afraid it might be just a bit gimmicky!
    Went for a Havana Club Barrel Proof (cask strength aged rum) instead.

Has anyone tried the Bush Rum aged and if so, what did you think??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

There's a few rum-cask matured, and they vary from cask to cask, so I couldn't tell you about this one. I have a few rum casked Bushmills, but have not opened them yet.

What age was the one you saw?

They had a few in the Celtic Whiskey Shop a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

C
    Went for a Havana Club Barrel Proof (cask strength aged rum) instead.

One of the best rums around IMHO. How much did it set you back? It's around 30 CUC in Cuba (26 Euro).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Think it was about €40 for a litre - maybe 42

Not a huge difference then.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I know nothing about rum, but did buy one because there was a huge reduction in the Celtic Whskey Shop. I cost me 140 euro, or something, which sounds like a very expensive rum to me. It was reduced from 350 euro, or something like that. I don't know why I bought it. It's not as if I'm rich or anything.

Anyway, it's Pyrat Rum cask 1623.

• Advertisement

Brockagh wrote: »
    I know nothing about rum, but did buy one because there was a huge reduction in the Celtic Whskey Shop. I cost me 140 euro, or something, which sounds like a very expensive rum to me. It was reduced from 350 euro, or something like that. I don't know why I bought it. It's not as if I'm rich or anything.

Anyway, it's Pyrat Rum cask 1623.

I haven't tried it, but my friends that have claim it has a 'unique' flavout with 'citrus tones'. Enjoy.

Advertisement