Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who actually makes their own Music? Post it here...

• 09-03-2009 4:34pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know quite a few of you are producers in your own right and make your own tacks. I have heard a fair bit but I'm sure there is plenty more... So anyone no matter what level you are, post it up here for us all to hear. I'm sure we can all pitch in with some constructive feedback.

Try to include a bit of detail for the readers - not just a link to myspace, but a line or two with some detail about who you are, music genre's, influences, preferred software tools etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

My Tunes

I suppose I'll make myself the first guinea pig :D I produce my own trance tracks under the name U4EA, these ones being from my earlier productions under the alias of Semtex. I'd like to firstly point out that the tunes in the link are very early stuff I did on a version of Ejay, so I make no apologies for the lack of "polish" I haven't had much free time lately to upload some of the newer tunes I'm working on.

I'm pretty much a trance addict, but do indulge in a bit of hip hop/rap and even house & chillout when the mood takes me. Mainly trance though :). I like a lot of the stuff being released on Anjunabeats at present (Super8 & DJ Tab, Daniel Kandi, Oceanlab etc) and loads of other various stuff ranging from the likes of Deadmau5, Vincent De Moor, Armin Van Burren, Fonzerelli...the list goes on.

Thankfully, since creating these tracks I've upgraded to some better kit and a better selection of loops to work with. I have a few more tracks done, which are in my opinion more "focused" and what I was aiming for than these older ones, but I'd still appreciate some feedback on them, so anything good or bad is more than welcome. Let the sacrifice commence :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I do a bit on my computer from time to time. I really like Aphex Twin and Autechre (Though I don't know much about Autechre, I've only just gotten into them), also Radiohead, DJ Shadow and Kraftwerk would, I guess, be big influences on my electronic stuff. Usually I play guitar and drums, I only got into computer music recently. I haven't really got a clue about synthesis, so I just play with the knobs till I get something that sounds alright. I really really like the sounds you can get with an FM pad, so I'm trying to learn about FM stuff. I love that Glitch VST too :cool:

I finished this one earlier. It's a bit drawn-out and samey, but I'm reasonably happy with it.

This summer I'd like to learn more about it. I'd love to get Ableton and Max/MSP, or maybe an honest-to-god synth that I could touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just posted one of the new tracks "Levitate" on the Bebo profile linked above (and in my sig). Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, if anyone has a few minutes to listen to it? :) Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

guess ill thrw my hat in.
    think most on here know i produce a few tracks now and then.
    have a few remixes and originals coming out soon which im happy about.
    using logic 8 along with minimonsta,imposcar,predator and alot of the inbuilt synths in logic.
    working hard on my finishing of tracks and the overall sound.still nowhere near where i want to be though.
    tracks are in my sig and here

http://soundcloud.com/seannash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cillow

www.myspace.com/eclektric

Have a few of my songs up there.
    Along the line of Boys Noize, Bloody Beetroots,Digitalism stuff like that.
    I use Reason mainly for making the tracks.

Let us know what ya think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cillow

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just posted one of the new tracks "Levitate" on the Bebo profile linked above (and in my sig). Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, if anyone has a few minutes to listen to it? :) Cheers lads.

Liking that track mate. Got a good flow to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

here is a quick jam i did on a piece of music gear called the "Korg electribe ESX"

this is the kind of sound im going for,there is no melody in it,just percussion.trying to get that old school electro/techno sound with analogue gear.

have been mixing these types of drum patterns with traditional techno basslines and lush pads and the odd few strings thrown in.all analogue gear.keep it hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Lukasz. wrote: »
    here is a quick jam i did on a piece of music gear called the "Korg electribe ESX"

this is the kind of sound im going for,there is no melody in it,just percussion.trying to get that old school electro/techno sound with analogue gear.

have been mixing these types of drum patterns with traditional techno basslines and lush pads and the odd few strings thrown in.all analogue gear.keep it hardware.

the korg electribe esx is not an analogue piece of equipment.

please learn what these things mean.

jtsuited wrote: »
    the korg electribe esx is not an analogue piece of equipment.

please learn what these things mean.

ahhh,its just the valves and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Lukasz. wrote: »
    ahhh,its just the valves and that.

surprised to see people actually fall for the 'look a vacuum tube, must be class A circuitry' trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jtsuited, settle down eh?

jtsuited wrote: »
    surprised to see people actually fall for the 'look a vacuum tube, must be class A circuitry' trick.

I just love that warmth and saturation i get from the ESX.

So much fun to use,and instant satisfaction.

But getting back to the original topic,this would be a sample of some the drum patterns that i like to create,and a sneak preview of the kind of sound i make.Again,loading the 808 pack into the ESX can give some excellent results and is very rewarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bondango

Did, for about 13 years but lack of time and to be honest, interest means i aint done anything constructive in about 5years.

Put a few up on youtube when i get bored
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=bondango&aq=f

Marty
    PS speaking of Class A circuitry, try explaining why you ripped the kids speak and spells apart lol

Bondango wrote: »
    Did, for about 13 years but lack of time and to be honest, interest means i aint done anything constructive in about 5years.

Put a few up on youtube when i get bored
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=bondango&aq=f

Marty
    PS speaking of Class A circuitry, try explaining why you ripped the kids speak and spells apart lol

nice tunes man,quite varied,always a good sign.
    keep up the good work!

Advertisement