Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD:WaW - New map pack?

• 09-03-2009 4:43pm

Aren't these due out today? Can't find anything on xbox.com. Any joy in the marketplace?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I got that map Makin: Day so is that what your talking about?

We could do with some new maps, Dome/Roundhouse and Outskirts wreck my head. I'm a camper you see.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26776460

Nightfire
    In "Nightfire," players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy.

cod_dlc_nightfire_ss.jpg

Station
    "Station" offers a bombed out underground train station littered with hidden passageways and destroyed subway cars.

Knee Deep
    "Knee Deep" takes place on the island of Peleliu in a once tranquil village turned chaotic Japanese command center.

Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)
    The fan favorite 4-player co-op Nazi Zombies Bonus Mode returns with "Verrückt," a terrifying Zombie asylum featuring more weapons, perks via the addition of Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and the endless zombie horde.

I know it doesn't say the date anywhere in that link, but i'm nearly sure it was being touted as 9th March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

I heard it was the 9th as well. I thought that was the reason for double points over the weekend but obviously it wasnt. I was really looking forward to these as well. I always hated the makin map and now i have to play it in day and night settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Has anyone else had the unreadable disk error with World at War since the weekend. I couldn't play it at all yesterday. It just got to the opening credits and kept skiping in a loop at the music. There is nothing wrong with the disk it's perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Indie18 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the unreadable disk error with World at War since the weekend. I couldn't play it at all yesterday. It just got to the opening credits and kept skiping in a loop at the music. There is nothing wrong with the disk it's perfect.

Woah - yes! I had this exact same problem and assumed it was an issue with my disc or xbox drive. I had the game installed to the HD.

I got it working eventually - I deleted the game data from the HD and turned the machine off for a few minutes. I played a different game then tried COD WaW again - and it worked.

Surely it wasn't a coincidence we both got the same problem completely out of the blue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

monomaniac wrote: »
    Surely it wasn't a coincidence we both got the same problem completely out of the blue?

It couldn't have been. hopefully it works for me when I get home tonight. I wonder what caused it, if it wasn't a disk problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

monomaniac wrote: »
    Woah - yes! I had this exact same problem and assumed it was an issue with my disc or xbox drive. I had the game installed to the HD.

I got it working eventually - I deleted the game data from the HD and turned the machine off for a few minutes. I played a different game then tried COD WaW again - and it worked.

Holy coincidence Batman, that is EXACTLY what happened me yesterday. I was crapping myself at the though of having to buy a new copy. I also thought maybe my 360 was on the way out.

It kept giving unreadable errors, but when I installed it to the hardrive, it installed with no issues. Even after that, it wouldn't load though. Played a different game for about 10 mins and when I went back in, WAW worked again.

I did notice that there were only around 49000 people playing at the time. That number is unbelievably low for 6pm Irish time, so maybe this was a widespread issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I was getting freezing, please wait screens all over the place all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Holy coincidence Batman, that is EXACTLY what happened me yesterday. I was crapping myself at the though of having to buy a new copy. I also thought maybe my 360 was on the way out.

It kept giving unreadable errors, but when I installed it to the hardrive, it installed with no issues. Even after that, it wouldn't load though. Played a different game for about 10 mins and when I went back in, WAW worked again.

I did notice that there were only around 49000 people playing at the time. That number is unbelievably low for 6pm Irish time, so maybe this was a widespread issue.

I had this yesterday also! I was polishing that disc till it sparkled! But yea funny how we all assume XBOX on way out. such a dodgy piece of hardware.

Just googled it a bit further there, and the answers range from the treyarch servers being down (which is wierd) to there being a glitch in the new Makin Day map and if you delete this, all will be fine again.

To be honest, I'm just glad it's not just me that is affected by this.
    (Good to know fellow boardsies feel my pain :D )

• Advertisement

speedfreak wrote: »
    I had this yesterday also! I was polishing that disc till it sparkled! But yea funny how we all assume XBOX on way out. such a dodgy piece of hardware.

As long as it stays going until I'm sick of the new maps, I won't care too much.
    Then I can use my 360 as the command core of my new doomsday machine. Mu Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaa......hang on, what are those red lights about?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

GameTrailers TV will be featuring the new map pack in their latest episode according to callofduty.com

Advertisement