Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutscenes in Halo Wars

• 09-03-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Ensemble have absolutely nailed the cut scenes in Halo Wars. Breath taking quality, incredibly fluid and life like and well 'acted' with a decent script.

The story is sci fi fodder but it's stylishly done and there's not a cringe worthy moment to be had.

Bungie could seriously learn from this - Halo 3's cut scenes were appalling, cardboard and cringe worthy.

And the piece de resistance in Halo Wars:
    The cut scene preceding the final level where the Spartan group kicks ass and Forge offs the Arbiter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

BS :cool:. The dialogue was anything but fluid, the voice acting bad and the script worse than some of the very cheesiest Arnie films out there. The second last cut scene was the only good one where the spartans kick ass, but lines such as "why don't you put the lady down and we'll talk about this, man to freak" are cringeworthy. All the other halo games have beautifully rendered cinematic cut scenes, each displaying their consoles graphical power in that they were not shoddy fmv footage but used the actual in game graphics engine to produce them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

BS :cool:. The dialogue was anything but fluid, the voice acting bad and the script worse than some of the very cheesiest Arnie films out there. The second last cut scene was the only good one where the spartans kick ass, but lines such as "why don't you put the lady down and we'll talk about this, man to freak" are cringeworthy.

They're hammy and bolshy but I thought they were well done. Compared to something like Lost Planet, which were unwatchably excruciating, I thought they were quite enjoyable.
    All the other halo games have beautifully rendered cinematic cut scenes, each displaying their consoles graphical power in that they were not shoddy fmv footage but used the actual in game graphics engine to produce them.

I would disagree with you there. I know their boast that they use in game assets, but some of the cutscenes in Halo 2 and 3 were far below par.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I thought the quality of the Halo Wars cut scenes were far better than any of the Halo ones. Graphically it just looked stunning but then you go back to Halo 2 or 3 and well you can see everything taking a second to render properly... what was up with that like?

Did Marty do the soundtrack for HW? Because it is another well fitting aspect of Halo Wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Agreed the cutscene graphics are the best I have seen in anygame.

Advertisement