Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 wireless help

• 09-03-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so bought an elite last week with the wireless adapter as well.
    The problem with it is as soon as a multiplayer game starts I keep getting kicked regardless of the game.
    Thought it might be the wireless adapter so set up a bridge between the wireless on my pc and the onboard network and hooked my xbox via network cable to pc.
    Problem solved..multi works perfect with no kicks.

Gets the wireless adapter replaced and it's the same thing.
    I'm on eircom 7meg with their default router.
    Does anyone have a problem with live and the eircom router?
    Highly doubtfull it's a router issue as I've had my pc+notebook and flatmates notebook all connected at the same time with no issues.
    Also tried just the xbox wireless connected on it's own and same issue.

Another thing is I've found with the 1st adapter is that it wouldn't power up with the xbox..i found i had to unplug it and plug it back in before being picked up. Still made no difference to gaming..also noticed that downloads won't continue downloading after xbox is powered off (download management enabled). Looking then at the wireless adapater and no power suggests maybe a usb problem with the elite?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Don't know if it's the same thing but i had a problem with Xbox Live & Eircom too, I couldn't connect at all though and had to reduce the routers firewall level to "low" before i could connect properly. Give that a bash anyway if you haven't already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Did you try testing the xbox live connection with the wireless adapter attached? Just wondering if it's a NAT related problem.
    Try opening up the ports on the router too. Simply Google "xbox 360 port forwarding" + router name/model and you should find plenty of walk-through sites.
    I can see how this would drive you crazy... spent all last Friday night trying to get my mates 360 rigged up to XBL through a wireless adapter and a Sweex router... to no avail... ended up bridging his wireless laptop and the 360 without a problem. Just couldn't get to the bottom of why the adapter wouldn't work. I had been using the same adapter on my own console with two different wireless routers without a problem (Belikn and a Linksys). Reckon their was some setting in the Sweex router that was blocking it but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me... even after thrawling through Google for hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya you need to port forward, you can automatically enable xbox live ports with the eircom router, go to its homepage, click custom services, scroll down to xbox live, make sure your xbox is turned on, the next page will ask for host device, if your xbox is on it'll be there as an ip address, select this, there you go ports are forwarded, you may also want to turn off router firewall, you'll be grand your computer should have its own firewall,

ibcaqr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

thanks guys..I'm running firewall at low already so no idea's here.
    Hope it's not a prob with the elite...

update:typical..set up the xbox live service with the nat and everything works ok. Back in to post and see's Bobby's post above... :D

thanks guys..I'm running firewall at low already so no idea's here.
    Hope it's not a prob with the elite...

update:typical..set up the xbox live service with the nat and everything works ok. Back in to post and see's Bobby's post above... :D

Ok the eircom router is really beginning to piss me off.
    Xbox downloads are constantly hanging stopping etch and being brutally slow.
    I've tried different routers and they all work fine..however other isues such as falling connection,poor vpn suppport meant I had to switch back to the Eircom router.
    So what is the best way to configure the eircom router for xbox live?

• Advertisement

Voila...the below server resolved the issue.
    You don't need to do the pc part, just the xbox section.
    Hard coding the IP/DNS to the xbox resolved the download speeds..definitely a link to be stickied maybe?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070102144528AASm5jN

Advertisement