Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Bulgarian Property

Options
  • 09-03-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought an apartment in Bansko in Bulgaria a while ago through a company called MRI Overseas Property. Unfortunately the developers have been messing me around and the date of completion has been missed and so on. I was wondering if anybody else has been in the same boat as me with regards this issue. At the moment i'm looking to exit the contract and recive a refund as the developers had promised the apartment to be finished by now and I am afraid that other "complications" will happen to the developer. What is everybodys opinion on what i should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Find a decent local solicitor and have your contract examined in detail.
    Do your utmost to use any possible breaches to exit from the contract.
    Do not assume that you will get your deposit or any other payments back.
    Use it as a learning experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 OverseasCafe

You're not alone in this one Wheatser, there are significant delays on an awful lot of property in the resort areas of Bulgaria.

Did you use the solicitor suggested by MRI?

If you did, get an independent one, get him/her to go through your contracts and call in the completion clause (presuming there is one, and there's no guarantee that there is).

It's a right pain to do this but if you let it go you run the risk of the developer going wallop and getting nothing out of it.

If you don't know an independent solicitor in Bulgaria PM me and I'll pass on a couple of suggestions to you.

Advertisement