Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs. Madrid Redux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused:

You've had United fans saying Liverpool have been great value for the score and are great to watch. What more do you want?

I think he mean comments about the worst team to play in Anfield instead of how Liverpool flew out of the blocks and never let them play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Madrid are an embarrassment tbh. Gago looks shocking and Diarra isn't much better beside him. Robben has gone awol... and the defence... god they are having a mare.

Liverpool fully deserve to be at least two goals up so fair play to them. Having said that I thought both goals were dodgy. Obv the pen was. And for the first goal why would Torres have his hand on Pepe's shoulder if he wasn't fouling him?

But having said that and even as a Utd fan, Liverpool are good value for their lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

deise59 wrote: »
    Don't you mean worst opposition to play in Anfield for a long time?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

deise59 wrote: »
    Don't you mean worst opposition to play in Anfield for a long time?

lol. Please read the following carefully:

You don't play football in a vacuum. How well you perform is not just a product of what you do - it is also strongly affected by what your opponents do.

Liverpool came out with the crowd behind them and ripped Madrid to shreds. They've competed better all over the pitch, working extremely hard right from Torres to the fullbacks. Then, when they've got it, they've got men forward and passed it well. Cassillas is MotM thus far which says it all for me.

An amazing performance, and Torres has never looked as hungry. Wonderful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Headshot wrote: »
    whats the story with the masch yellow card

if it stands,he'll be out for the next round

To me it was clearly for belting the ball away,

so it will stand, and he'll be out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Whatever the outcome, I'll be truly shocked if this game is enjoyable for the neutral.

richie says 'you suck' at predictions i presume - lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The ref is Belgian which may explain quite a lot to be honest.

Masch was in danger of exploding again. He needs someone to hold him back.

Okay Dunphy put that in your pipe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

5starpool wrote: »
    This thread is like a sneak preview of the rte panel at half time. No credit at all for battering the hell out of them at all.

what are you talking about? have you read the thread at all
    masch out for the next leg :pac:

as if

****ing idiot of a ref

he booted the ball away, then he did his angry little argentinian act on the ref, if he keeps that up he will be off, he does have form for getting himself sent off for being an impudent child and costing the team......

Liverpool have played very well, Madrid have been shockingly bad

But this is a seriously bad day at the office for Madrid, this is not a genuine example of the team week in week out. Im shocked by their performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think I've seen anybody in here saying anything negative about Liverpool's play.

• Advertisement

richie says 'you suck' at predictions i presume - lol!

lol. Tell Richie it's past his bedtime and I'm surprised he was awake to say that...:)

mike65 wrote: »

Masch was in danger of exploding again. He needs someone to hold him back.

Okay Dunphy put that in your pipe!

Genuine question here Mike, Gerrard is standing next to him, he sees he has just been booked, he sees his reaction, he has seen him blow up on referees before, why does he not pull him away and tell him to shut it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Ha ha, dunphy is sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

To me it was clearly for belting the ball away,

so it will stand, and he'll be out
    kryogen wrote: »

he booted the ball away, then he did his angry little argentinian act on the ref, if he keeps that up he will be off, he does have form for getting himself sent off for being an impudent child and costing the team......

oh I taught the ref booked him by accident

so it looks like his out, very bad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How? Was he eating chocolate during referee classes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

whats the story with the masch yellow card

if it stands,he'll be out for the next round

To me it seemed to be for kicking the ball away. If true I can't see them getting it overturned even if the ref was wrong as it happened so quick. Can you appeal a yellow in Europe? I know you can't in the prem.

Great performance by Liverpool. Although gerrard and torres will prob get the headlines. Masch and Alonso have been the stars for me. Strangled any life out of Madrid, and have been the platform foe the performance.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I feel sorry for Diarra, who has been impressive. Gago is a clown, Robben might aswell be at home while Raul and Higuain seem pathologically unwilling to drop deep to offer any support. Liverpool could win this by a hockey score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oh to be watching Eamo and the lads.

I've got Paul Okon and Craig 'The Foz' Foster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dunphy on the drink again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Torres, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso and Aurelio have been fantastic. Great first 45 minutes. Thought we were fortunate to get the penalty but definitely dont think Torres fouled Pepe for the first.

woah :eek:

RTE panel praising liverpool

right this down in your diary

and Tusky is missing it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dunphy on the drink again.

What the panel hasn't mentioned is Real don't have 10 men behind the ball.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

not missing anything epic Xavi.....although even Graeme Souness has said it was never a penalty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Didn't know a new hybrid player named Cannavalho plays for Real!

Good old Giles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

woah :eek:

RTE panel praising liverpool

right this down in your diary

and Tusky is missing it :pac:

haha - well I actually turned on RTE out of curiosity so I saw it. It was kind of backhanded praise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bayern
    -
    Sporting Lisbon (AEG) :eek:

Tusky wrote: »
    haha - well I actually turned on RTE out of curiosity so I saw it. It was kind of backhanded praise though.

ya ill give ya that

suppose its better than nothing thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liverpool go out and play positive attacking football and the RTE panel praise them. So they proved their not biased and now some of you find that hard to accept:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I just want to ask everyone that if liverpool did continue to play like that for the next 45 to actually give them some credit and not spend all night tearing apart madrid.
    They have been sluggish for sure but in any sport/game sometimes a team just click and for the first 45 liverpool have, they're playing football crisp passing, good movement and really high energy add babel and torres and there pace up top.

I still can't quite believe those first 30 mins. Incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

dear God :eek:

have you tried watching it without the red tinted specs on?

give it a go! and for the record, if your already admitting it hit his shoulder, you cannot say it was a penalty :)

What I said was check out the movement of Heinze's shoulder joint - I did not say it hit him on the shoulder.
    The shoulder joint moved forward throwing his arm forward.
    The ball hit the top front part of his arm just below the shoulder.
    If there was no intent Heinze's arm would't have moved as it did.

IMO penalty

• Advertisement

Genuine question here Mike, Gerrard is standing next to him, he sees he has just been booked, he sees his reaction, he has seen him blow up on referees before, why does he not pull him away and tell him to shut it?

Good question, Gerrard and Alonso were both nearby, one of them speaks Spanish quite well and should have just dragged Masch away and told him to "calm down calm down".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen anybody in here saying anything negative about Liverpool's play.

I'll be the first then. As Giles just pointed out at half-time why the fuvk cant they play like that every week !

Real are not having a bad day at the office they are been made to look bad by a fitter tougher team. Its La Liga that is overhyped, not the Prem ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5starpool wrote: »
    No credit at all for battering the hell out of them at all.

Not at all at all.

Good question, Gerrard and Alonso were both nearby, one of them speaks Spanish quite well and should have just dragged Masch away and told him to "calm down calm down".

Having seen Monster Masch at his bug-eyed best, maybe they're afraid to touch him when he's going postal. :pac:

Bayern
    -
    Sporting Lisbon (AEG) :eek:
    Champions League underdogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Great first half, allthough the penalty was harsh liverpool deserve the two goals. I can't figure out why mascherano was booked.

I'm looking forward to more of the same. But madrid can't that bad again for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Oh FFS!

game over!

M910~Austin-Powers-Yeah-Baby-Posters.jpgM910~Austin-Powers-Yeah-Baby-Posters.jpg
    M910~Austin-Powers-Yeah-Baby-Posters.jpgM910~Austin-Powers-Yeah-Baby-Posters.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Madrid are one of the worst teams I've seen in this stage of the CL in a long, long time.

Tune into the Bayern v Sporting match

What a peach of a ****ing goal!! Whopper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Come one whats wrong with that goal????????????

wow madrid are a mess

no doubting that one, Madrid may as well head off tbh, they havent turned up anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

3-0 oh yea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Game over man Game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ramos out, both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good cross and very nice finish by Gerrard.

Did they say that's his seventh goal in Europe this year?

I assume some were in the qualifying rounds and don't count towards the competitions top scorer?

Great finish by Gerrard.

Madrid are awful and that's being kind. If it wasn't for Casillas they'd be about 10 down. The worst part from their perspective is that they are playing with no passion. Useless!

Credit to Liverpool though, they're beating the p1ss outta what's in front of them.

Ramos out, both of them

the whole ****ing team out besides Raul and iker

• Advertisement
Advertisement