Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ron Paul Supporters in Galway?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

you do realise supporting Ron Paul from Ireland is about as pointless as you can get, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

You could try the newly formed Americans in Galway group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

balu wrote: »
    I wonder if there are any libertarians in Galway supporting Ron Paul or just sharing his views?

Would be cool if there are some to set up weekly or monthly meetings.

If you don't know him yet you should start to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcQutO5Lgs&fmt=22, www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzaLP9dTXhE

Anyone interested in meeting and supporting Ron Jeremy instead? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭balu

Ok guys. Now back to your toys, soap operas or favorite wrestling hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Would you not be better off concentrating on Irish politics? Local elections are in June

And if you are an American citizen with a vote, you can't do anything for Ron Paul for a few years, nothing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It will always be be Kurt Angle for me. And thanks for the advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

get off your high horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Fine words from a libertarian.I distrust those who label themselves liberal for two main reasons.
    1.Everyone harbours certain prejudices be they innocent or innate.No-one is truly liberal.
    2.Your above post shows what you and many of your ilk possess:a fundamental unwillingness to tolerate another point of view.
    Ostensibly many liberals vow to increase and secure personal freedom for the benefit of society.How ironic(in the true sense) that you choose which freedoms to preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Am I the only one who read Ron Paul as Rupaul?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

malice_ wrote: »
    Am I the only one who read Ron Paul as Rupaul?
    Both eccentrics.
    Both have a cult following, most of whom are doing so ironically.
    Neither will ever be president.

I can see the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Fine words from a libertarian.I distrust those who label themselves liberal for two main reasons.
    1.Everyone harbours certain prejudices be they innocent or innate.No-one is truly liberal.
    2.Your above post shows what you and many of your ilk possess:a fundamental unwillingness to tolerate another point of view.
    Ostensibly many liberals vow to increase and secure personal freedom for the benefit of society.How ironic(in the true sense) that you choose which freedoms to preference.

libertarianism actually has very little to do with liberal political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I'm one of them internet libertarians, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

bigeasyeah wrote: »

'Liberal' and Libertarian are two different things

'Liberal' and Libertarian are two different things

Thank you for proving my point

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Kiddies, Libertarianism is a branch of classical liberalism. European liberalism if you will. The modern idea of a liberal as a pillow biting commie is not what bigeasyyeah was talking about. And most people who claim to be libertarian are doing it for cool points.

Also, Ron Paul is a nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ron Paul is someone I detest.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

feck ron paul, get up to date with your local and european elections taking place in june..oh and vote PES

Yes as rivalius13 said liberalism and libertarianism are the same.Constitutional liberalism is liberalism adhering to the rules and laws of a state or nation,which is what many people confuse with liberalism which like libertarianism seeks to minimalise and indeed undermine the influence of government.Im many cases the abolition of goverment is called for by adherents of both liberalism and libertarianism.Bare in mind that the ruling governments in question are democratically elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Advertisement
Advertisement