Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Postgrad - Advice

Options
  • 09-03-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the correct place to post this, so sorry in advance if its not!

I am looking at applying for a postgrad that begins in Sept. '09 and would like some advice from those working in IT and Programming.

The course is Systems Analysis in NUI Galway and its a one year Full Time course. The syllabus and content can be viewed by clicking here

Im not from an IT background and have been working in Business for the past 5 years since leaving college but the course is seemingly designed for people just like me :-)

Really, i just wanted some advice as to what anybody thought of the course and its content, job prospects afterwards, is now a good time to be going to college, getting into IT....

I know, lots of questions - sorry!! but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jugs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What area of IT would you like to work in?

That course looks broad and vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Ideally, i would like to move into development but i realise that testing may be a good starting point, plus the fact that i know quiet alot of testers who enjoy their work.

What is your opinion of the course - is it too broad or could it be v.intensive?
    Cheers,

Jugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

its pretty broad imo
    have a look at the H. dip/masters in software design and development in the IT department at nuig, its more catered for development roles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

How many packs do you do? More than 2 per semester and I agree, it would be broad and vague.

Something like this might be better http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computing/teaching/postgraduate/computing-science

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

skelliser wrote: »
    its pretty broad imo
    have a look at the H. dip/masters in software design and development in the IT department at nuig, its more catered for development roles

This ^^^. Great course for what you seem to be looking towards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement