Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter Bus Dungarvan to Cork

• 09-03-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there,

anybody know if there is a commuter bus going from Dungarvan to Cork on a daily basis?
    I know there is the bus eireann number 40 bus, but that will only get me to cork at 10.15 which is not really ok for most jobs...

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!!

Gagalina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Why not put a notice in the local rags...."wanted, lift from Dungarvan to Cork....5 days...will share expenses...." you know the type. There are plenty of people living in and around Dungarvan who are working in Cork. I know of a few who are on a 12 month contract, still its 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

sounds like a plan.

Thanks for your input!

Gagalina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

if local rags dont suceed there is a bus from davitts bar 10 to the hour every hour from 8.50am-9.50pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

MGilly84 wrote: »
    if local rags dont suceed there is a bus from davitts bar 10 to the hour every hour from 8.50am-9.50pm

...which is the no.40 bus that gets to Cork at 10.15, which is 'not really ok' for the op.

I used to get a spin to Ringaskiddy before, get the ferry across, and get a bus into the city. I used to hit the Kylemore in Merchant's quay for breakfast about 8.15. This was just on a Monday morning, mind, but I would imagine there's a few people heading to Ringaskiddy in the morning, if you can't manage a spin to the city.

noby wrote: »
    I used to get a spin to Ringaskiddy before, get the ferry across, and get a bus into the city. I used to hit the Kylemore in Merchant's quay for breakfast about 8.15. This was just on a Monday morning, mind, but I would imagine there's a few people heading to Ringaskiddy in the morning, if you can't manage a spin to the city.

What ferry did you take? I googled ferries from Ringaskiddy, but I could only find international ferries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

The guy I got the spin from drove to Carrigaloe, on Great Island, and got the ferry across to Glenbrook. I jumped out and got a bus to the city, and he carried on down to Ringaskiddy.
    This was about 15 years ago, but there should still be early buses (or trains) from that area into the city.

noby wrote: »
    The guy I got the spin from drove to Carrigaloe, on Great Island, and got the ferry across to Glenbrook. I jumped out and got a bus to the city, and he carried on down to Ringaskiddy.
    This was about 15 years ago, but there should still be early buses (or trains) from that area into the city.

ah, I get you now. That certainly could be an option.

Gagalina

Advertisement