Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSPDA sim, is it different?

• 09-03-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

Can you use any sim card with a USB BB modem or does it have to be a particular type? Do all the networks supply sim only for BB service?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

In my experience (O2 prepay + billpay, Vodafone prepay, Meteor prepay + Meteor broadband) the SIM has made no difference. I've used both 2g and 3g SIMs. They do recommend 3G SIMs though and you may have problems with older SIMs.

I don't know if any of the networks sell "SIM only broadbad". I guess you could buy 3pay and signup for the addon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless the SIM is very ancient it makes no difference.

If it works to unlock the phone/modem and connect, then it works. It has no effect on signal quality or speed at all whatsover. It's just a key really.

Advertisement