Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire <?performer?> for 30th Birthday?

• 09-03-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,

Anyone got any good suggestions for a performer to hire for a 30th birthday?
    The birthday party will take place in a crowded pub w/ about 25 people. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good performer for such an event?

Given that its a pub location and space might be tight; and that people will be chatting / drinking - I don't want it to be interruptive or that people would have to stop having the craic & look at a performer for 20mins straight.
    I was thinking a magician who goes around from group to group for about 20 mins. but I'm convinced of this.

Anyone got any other ideas, suggestions or recommendations?

I'm not looking for anything expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 galwaybhoy

Did you think of a Kiss O Gram? If it interests you e-mail <stop advertising - c - 13>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh no not a kissogram!

Is it for your own birthday or for a friends? Personally I wouldn't really be interested in having a magician in the pub as it would be a case of bringing the place to a standstill for 30 mins, will you have to cut all the music? will other people in the pub be annoyed? will a possible dj be annoyed at disturbing his set? so I'd make sure the person wants some added entertainment first.

Perhaps some entertainment before the pub might be an idea? There's a few restaurants that have chefs cooking at your table which I went to with a gang and everyone enjoyed it and it got everyone well up for a good night out.

Edit: Just realised this thread is a little old, ah well

Advertisement