Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Call Credit When You Move Network

• 09-03-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Guys can anyone confirm if I leave my current network and move to another one say for a week and then move back again will I be able to get the free credit again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

With O2 you can't (they just give you a blank SIM and reactivate your old account).

With Vodafone I believe you can (I moved and moved back 2 years later ...).

I'm unsure about the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Random wrote: »
    With O2 you can't (they just give you a blank SIM and reactivate your old account).

With Vodafone I believe you can (I moved and moved back 2 years later ...).

I'm unsure about the others.

With 3 you get the free credit again...

~Only the 2 networks left to go, where's Darryl and his spot prizes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

interesting is there any limit on how long you have to be off the network as in could you swap to meteor for a day then swap back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mcguyver wrote: »
    interesting

you sound like an evil scientist, what are you up to:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

I know a guy that moved from vodafone to 02 then a good few years later he moved back to vodafone and they said the free credit is only for new customors. This is to stop people doing this but im not saying it won't work. Give it a shot you have nothing to loose. Well, not that I know of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

If you leave a network and move back i presume they will stick you with the latest price plan so it might not be such a great idea unless your on that plan already, in which case you would have nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Mr. Walker wrote: »
    I know a guy that moved from vodafone to 02 then a good few years later he moved back to vodafone and they said the free credit is only for new customors. This is to stop people doing this but im not saying it won't work. Give it a shot you have nothing to loose. Well, not that I know of.
    If you say to vodafone its advertised as €80 for new customers they apply the credit manually and all in one go. The neeed a manager to do this so it takes 24-48 hours!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Free credit for what though? you would if you bought a phone or new sim pack with a new number but not if you just reactivate your old account on a blank sim

Ok to clear it up, I don't know what happens with the other networks but with Vodafone if you return to them you'll get €15 credit, a glitch in the system only reinstates your account yet if this is said to Vodafone Customer Care they say its a glitch in the system and they'll escilate it so that a manager can put the credit on manually, but please don't abuse the systems on the networks, It only drives up costs to the networks and then they'll pass that on to the customers:D:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

So if I move back to vodafone ill only get 15e credit instead of 80e but if I ring them and say there is a glitch they will set it up so I get my 80e considering moving back at the weekend for free calls and text i'v had my fill of 3

• Advertisement

mcguyver wrote: »
    So if I move back to vodafone ill only get 15e credit instead of 80e but if I ring them and say there is a glitch they will set it up so I get my 80e considering moving back at the weekend for free calls and text i'v had my fill of 3
    yup;)

Advertisement