Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High motion camera

Options
  • 09-03-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi there,

We are doing a project in school where we need to observe a reaction in slow motion. To do this we need a high motion camera. Does anyone know where we can find one to rent or burrow?

Many thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi there,

We are doing a project in school where we need to observe a reaction in slow motion. To do this we need a high motion camera. Does anyone know where we can find one to rent or burrow?

Many thanks
    Sean

Hi Sean,

That depends, whats the project? Aslo, I think you mean a High Speed camera. They cost thousands, and I mean thousands each so the chance of you getting one for a school project arent good.

A normal DV cam shoots at 25 frames every second, so slowed to like a 2/s during playback it'll work for some things. All depends what you wanna shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

They cost thousands, and I mean thousands each so the chance of you getting one for a school project arent good.

Very true!

As mentioned above OP, depending on what you are filming then it would probably easier to slow the footage down in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

Hey,

Its a project where model formula one cars are shot down a 20 metre track in about 1 second. we'd like a motion camera just to be able to see how the car preforms as it goes down the track(i.e does it bump off edges, are wheels wobbling). Does anyone know a company or group which own one that we could talk to?

Thanks
    sean

p.s, video of a car being shot down a track-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-SNAjqYK8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Hey,

Its a project where model formula one cars are shot down a 20 metre track in about 1 second. we'd like a motion camera just to be able to see how the car preforms as it goes down the track(i.e does it bump off edges, are wheels wobbling). Does anyone know a company or group which own one that we could talk to?

Thanks
    sean

p.s, video of a car being shot down a track-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-SNAjqYK8

Hmm....yeah looking at filming that sort of speed would be much better with a HS camera. The Production Depot have HS cameras for hire, maybe if you speak VERY VERY nicely to them they might be able to help you out.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey,

Thanks
    sean

Yeah, that'd be mostly just a blur on a stock unit.

Look up companies in the golden pages and give them a buz.

Or, and I've no idea if this would work, but a burst of a normal digi might help. No low end stuff, I know Fuji make cameras that take 30 shot burst at great speed. I've no idea how it would come out but its worth a shot if any parents out there have a decent camera.

BTW, our school did that comp too :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

The likes of the ex1/ex3 have a slow mo mode which will give you 50fps, other than that, it would be the likes of the phantom camera you would be looking at... which can do 1000-1500fps

Advertisement