Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climb For Life / Charity Event

Options
  • 09-03-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

ClimbforLife.jpg

CANCER EFFECTS 1 IN 3 PEOPLE IN IRELAND.

The mission of the Irish Cancer Society is to play a vital role in achieving world class cancer services in Ireland, to achieve this they need funding.

On the 25th of April, members of the Midlands Airsoft Club will Climb Croagh Patrick in a bid to raise funds for this worthy cause. we hope to do our bit in the fight against cancer.

If you would like to sponsor our climb we have a donations button on our web page, click the banner below

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

good cause. well done and hope it all goes well. :)

are you trying to raise money or get people on board to do the climb too though? its not really clear.

cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

How can I donate? I have some money you deserve, I have climbed Croagh Patrick before and you must be F#@&ing mental!

I take it your all doing this in full camo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Masada wrote: »
    good cause. well done and hope it all goes well. :)

are you trying to raise money or get people on board to do the climb too though? its not really clear.

cheers. :)
    sorry masada i put the poster on with the email address if anyone wanted to sponsor us sorry i wasnt clearer :)

fayer wrote: »
    How can I donate? I have some money you deserve, I have climbed Croagh Patrick before and you must be F#@&ing mental!

I take it your all doing this in full camo :D

K sorted it now if you go to our website homepage there is a donations button take it from there :) cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

When i get a few quid itll go your way.

I climb the reek every year as a medic, sure if tough going especially the last bit. Best of luck and fair play

• Advertisement

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    When i get a few quid itll go your way.

I climb the reek every year as a medic, sure if tough going especially the last bit. Best of luck and fair play
    Thanks man, just dont tell me how hard its goin to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Stone.cold wrote: »

Yea, I want to be their to see his face :D

fayer wrote: »
    Yea, I want to be their to see his face :D
    meet ya at the top so :D

I did it with a hangover and half a medical kit on my back, then had to carry someone back down, if i can do it anyone can.

Take your time and bring you weight in water, also despite the weather bring rain clothes and warm clothes, youll sweat when walking, when you stop youll freeze, good pair of boots goes without saying.

Most of all dont do anything your not up to, get tired have a break a drink and something to eat (nutrigrain bars are great, stuff you pockets with them and munch when you need it)

And watch out the stones are slippy and unsecure underfoot in places

Thats about it i think

I did it with a hangover and half a medical kit on my back, then had to carry someone back down, if i can do it anyone can.

Take your time and bring you weight in water, also despite the weather bring rain clothes and warm clothes, youll sweat when walking, when you stop youll freeze, good pair of boots goes without saying.

Most of all dont do anything your not up to, get tired have a break a drink and something to eat (nutrigrain bars are great, stuff you pockets with them and munch when you need it)

And watch out the stones are slippy and unsecure underfoot in places

Thats about it i think
    thanks for the tips mate much appreciated, only thing is if i bring my body weight in water i will need a horse to carry it for me :D:D

• Advertisement

Little exxageration, but a camelback or platapus is your best friend and a 2 litre bottle to fill it up. 3 or so litres in total does the job.

Little exxageration, but a camelback or platapus is your best friend and a 2 litre bottle to fill it up. 3 or so litres in total does the job.
    thank god for that :) thanx for all ure help mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

We are all looking forward to this!

I think the lads should carry me up on a nice comfy stretcher:D
    And maybe a nice duvet;)

Thanks for everyones advice!! We need it:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

lads ,
    don't forget the pub at the base,:D great beer on tap.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

whydave wrote: »
    lads ,

David

Not to mention that nice coffee shop above the carpark with it's showers, coffee and cake. There's nothing like a nice coffee and a slice of cake or three after climbing up that thing.

Not to mention that nice coffee shop above the carpark with it's showers, coffee and cake. There's nothing like a nice coffee and a slice of cake or three after climbing up that thing.

Quiet you :mad:
    lads ,

David

Now thats more like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

As someone who has been affected by cancer more than once all i can say is well done lads and the best of luck i have sent you guys a donation and hope you guys raise loads of money for a very worthwhile cause well done guys :)

A.T.F wrote: »
    As someone who has been affected by cancer more than once all i can say is well done lads and the best of luck i have sent you guys a donation and hope you guys raise loads of money for a very worthwhile cause well done guys :)
    Thanx mate, i hope we can raise loads for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

A.T.F wrote: »

Same situation here, have sent my donation. Best of luck lads.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Same situation here, have sent my donation. Best of luck lads.
    Received and much appreciated

• Advertisement

2 of the team leaders from the R.R.A.T.F in England are joining us on the climb, they are busy raising funds across the water for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

I shall be throwing some cash your way for this cause;);) Say 50 Euro, but Stone Cold I will double that amount if you video yourself doing one of your "Epic Slides" (Duel Wielding of course:D:D) on the day down some part of that mountain and post it up here on Boards.ie:D:D:p

Bren

I shall be throwing some cash your way for this cause;);) Say 50 Euro, but Stone Cold I will double that amount if you video yourself doing one of your "Epic Slides" (Duel Wielding of course:D:D) on the day down some part of that mountain and post it up here on Boards.ie:D:D:p

Bren
    How could i refuse an offer like that mate :D shouldnt be a problem from what i've heard of it i will probaly be sliding down the whole thing :):) but you got ureself a deal Bren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

How could i refuse an offer like that mate :D shouldnt be a problem from what i've heard of it i will probaly be sliding down the whole thing :):) but you got ureself a deal Bren.

Cool I'll look forward to seeing it;);) I just want people to see the EPICNESS that is "Captain Slide and Tackle":p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Donation sent.....very best of luck, lads.

You'll need it :-)

Shiva wrote: »
    Donation sent.....very best of luck, lads.

You'll need it :-)
    Received Many thanks for you generosity Tony

Fayer Donation recieved with thanx, and thanks to everyone that has donated to this cause :):)

any chance you can make space for a Contractor ?

David

any chance you can make space for a Contractor ?

David
    Dave tbh the more people that climb up the more there is to carry me back down :D seriously if you want to take part mate your more than welcome i will post you a sponsor card if your interested

• Advertisement

count me in so .
    you have my address

David

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement