Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climb For Life / Charity Event

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

They have reached 1000ft and are still breathing! 1500ft to go (the last 500 is like a horror movie :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Proof of life... Live from the side of a Mayo mountain (I'm not their by the way, I'm sane)

3473347626_2cc5fbbe52.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

live from the mountain top!
    The clouds are closing in up here, time to cheese it back down before my hands freeze off!

Beer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

So did you video the Slide and Tackle move Stone Cold:D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Beer!!!!

Beer? At 8 this morning you were on about green tea!:eek:

Well done lads, it was hard old slog but we got there, just might find something a little less vertical to challenge ourselves with next time!:)

Because my phone wouldn't post pics here when I was up at the top here's a few.

The cloud base was less than 100ft above the summit but we were very lucky it didn't rain.
    25042009319.jpg

Us at the top
    25042009320.jpg

I have to say the wind was something else, at least 40mph from about 1,500ft up.

Stone post up the other snaps you got mate when you get a chance.

And Rooky ya big bailer you'll have to do it when you get better mate, its was great fun! :D

Bren no slide and tackle today sadly, there were a few near escapes but Stone managed to keep his feet all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Well done lads, hats off to ya! Great achievment :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

What can i say that was the hardest thing i have ever done but i wouldnt have missed it for anything such an experience and a great bunch of guys to do it with, i wouldnt of made it with out them. now for a well deserved drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Well done lads!:)

I am raging I wasn't fit to go!
    Thanks for the commentary throughout the day.:D

Great acheivement!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janesmyth182

hi guys fair dues to ye all,ive done the climb myself and its no joke,that bloody shale afords no purchase underfoot,hopin to do it again all the same!:-) stonecold, that gentleman from the uk who did the climb with ye,am i to understand that he is a royal marine colour sgt?

7008872327a10689291507l.jpg

hi guys fair dues to ye all,ive done the climb myself and its no joke,that bloody shale afords no purchase underfoot,hopin to do it again all the same!:-) stonecold, that gentleman from the uk who did the climb with ye,am i to understand that he is a royal marine colour sgt?

7008872327a10689291507l.jpg
    Thanks it was hard alright, Macky is an airsofter like the rest of us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janesmyth182

fair one,not wantin to cause friction or go off topic,but wearin the uniform of forces he hasnt served in or showin rank you havnt earned isnt on,no matter what country your in-not tryin to cause agro,but ive mates who have served in RMC and dont appreciate a geezer pitchin up in public dressed like that-on a private airsoft field,fair enough,but in a public place is a bit much imo! again,sorry to go off topic and not tryin to take away from your achievement,it was a great thing you guys did,fair play again!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The event is over so at the OP's request locked.