Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Design Stage Architect Required

• 09-03-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all.

My wife and I are just starting off on the long road to building our own home. We have a site at my home place and not much else. We would like to build a Georgian style house with a modern feel to it.

A friend of mine (from home) is an Architect and I know he would be very interested in carrying out the design, planning, sign-off, etc for us. However I am a little nervous about engaging a friend as my Architect, as I feel the relationship between Client and Architect should be more of a professional nature as opposed to platonic one. This I feel is especially true at the design stage.

On the other hand, because of my friends local knowledge i.e. planners, local engineers, etc, his involvement would be quite useful and I would be very confident of his ability to achieve planning.

So to make a long story short, I am looking for an Architect to assist us in the preparation of a brief and initial design. I was thinking of something along the lines of a mood board with perhaps some sketch floor plans, elevations etc.

Basically it would be a nixer for someone. Maybe someone who has been made unemployed recently.

So if you are interested or know of any architects who might be interested and preferably have some experience of new build Georgian style houses please post response, PM me or email me mr.burns79@hotmail.com. A couple of images of previous projects would be great also.

We are based in Dublin.

Thanks in advance,
    Mr. Burns

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Very very interesting....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

mr burns79 wrote: »
    Basically it would be a nixer for someone. Maybe someone who has been made unemployed recently.

Or ......... contact the RIAI and make a proper appointment ?

Look around at new houses you admire locally . Then look online at your LA website to see who was involved. Politely contact the applicants- ask how they got on with their Architect .

Make this selection carefully . Get this wrong - so much else be wrong too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

And as for build cost - you are out only by a factor of at least 2 here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59347890&postcount=4

Advertisement