Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 defeat in last 7 league games

Options
  • 09-03-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

We're on a nice little run. I get the feeling Harry and the players have all settled down to the job at hand. I'm feeling quite positive about the rest of the season and the future too.

COYS :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

good to hear you are feeling positive Shane,you like me were a bit disillusioned a few months back but now i can see the team is pulling in the one direction and the future does look positive for me.I love the fact we are not losing games easy anymore the games are always tight which is a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think harry has got the team to knuckle down now and battle it out for points,and still play a bit of nice football on the way...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

KingdomYid wrote: »
    good to hear you are feeling positive Shane,you like me were a bit disillusioned a few months back but now i can see the team is pulling in the one direction and the future does look positive for me.I love the fact we are not losing games easy anymore the games are always tight which is a big improvement.

Even under Ramos although we were losing but the majority of them were in tight games. We were never hammered by anyone but in fairness to Harry we seem to be just squeezing out on the right side of the tight games now.

Results under Ramos

Thursday, 23 October 2008
    UEFA Cup
    Udinese 2-0
    (HT 1-0) Tottenham

Sunday, 19 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Stoke 2-1
    (HT 1-1) Tottenham

Sunday, 05 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham 0-1
    (HT 0-1) Hull

Thursday, 02 October 2008
    UEFA Cup
    Wisla Krakow 1-1
    (HT 0-0)
    (agg 2-3) Tottenham

Sunday, 28 September 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Portsmouth 2-0
    (HT 1-0) Tottenham

Wednesday, 24 September 2008
    Carling Cup
    Newcastle 1-2
    (HT 0-0) Tottenham

Sunday, 21 September 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham 0-0
    (HT 0-0) Wigan

Thursday, 18 September 2008
    UEFA Cup
    Tottenham 2-1
    (HT 1-1) Wisla Krakow

Monday, 15 September 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham 1-2
    (HT 0-1) Aston Villa

Sunday, 31 August 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea 1-1
    (HT 1-1) Tottenham

Saturday, 23 August 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham 1-2
    (HT 0-0) Sunderland

Saturday, 16 August 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Middlesbrough 2-1
    (HT 0-0) Tottenham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

tippspur wrote: »
    I think harry has got the team to knuckle down now and battle it out for points,and still play a bit of nice football on the way...:)

Yes they have done okay against Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland - all teams that are not having good second halves of the season.

The real test is against Villa and Chelsea - I would say if we can get 2 points out of those, we will stay up for sure - but it is a really tough job, and to be honest, while we have played better, and importantly got the results - I still feel against better teams with better finishers are defense is lacking and will come undone!

we will see in the next two weeks - I hope harry keeps the team consistent, for me, that is the key - here is my team for the rest of the season, and do not change "starting line-up", but for injuries.

Gomes
    Corluka---King---Woody----BAE

lennon--Jenas--Palacios--Modric

keane/Pav

Bench, Cudicini, Chimbo, Dawson, O'Hara, Bentley, Bent (all impact players on there day!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

When Defoe comes back He'll slot up front with keane he's a much better finisher then Pav. I feel very positive now that we can garner 8 more points at least this season to see us clear of the relegation zone there are certainly a lot of worse teams down there then us.

IMHO i think back on our opening few games under ramos and cring it was a relatively easy start compared to a lot of other teams with the exception of the chelsea and villa games but no point looking back at what could of been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

John W wrote: »
    Yes they have done okay against Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland - all teams that are not having good second halves of the season.

The real test is against Villa and Chelsea - I would say if we can get 2 points out of those, we will stay up for sure - but it is a really tough job, and to be honest, while we have played better, and importantly got the results - I still feel against better teams with better finishers are defense is lacking and will come undone!

we will see in the next two weeks - I hope harry keeps the team consistent, for me, that is the key - here is my team for the rest of the season, and do not change "starting line-up", but for injuries.

Gomes
    Corluka---King---Woody----BAE

lennon--Jenas--Palacios--Modric

keane/Pav

Bench, Cudicini, Chimbo, Dawson, O'Hara, Bentley, Bent (all impact players on there day!)
    In fairness the team has done well against the top teams so far, even when things were worse than they are now,I think we are an improving team now and should fair out well when we meet them again..I agree with your team by the way,but i'm a bit fed up with Jeanas at this stage,I think the HUDD shuld be on that bench also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i agree we are on a nice little run at the min and climbing slowly but surely up the table and a top half finish is a realisitic option. once we dont loose to teams in and around us its all good.

great result i felt against sunderland. great finish by keane even though bent missed a couple of decent chances i would have taken the draw before kick off.

with robbie keane pulling the strings in the last couple of games i really am thinking of changing my name!!

possible one is: tpfkak=c(the poster formerly known as keane=cock) worked for prince!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

ya were on a fine run of form alright. I still don't agree that modric is effective on the left. Much more so just behind the striker/s. Even dough he hasnt been doing it for us id go with Bentley there. my formation would be

............................Gomes................................
    Corluka..........Woodgate............King...............BAE

Lennon..........Jenas.............Palacios.............Bentley/Bale

............................Modric...................................

............................Keane....................................

In the carling cup modric was much more creative when moved to this position. This is where he plays for Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

neilisagam wrote: »
    ya were on a fine run of form alright. I still don't agree that modric is effective on the left. Much more so just behind the striker/s. Even dough he hasnt been doing it for us id go with Bentley there. my formation would be

............................Gomes................................
    Corluka..........Woodgate............King...............BAE

Lennon..........Jenas.............Palacios.............Bentley/Bale

............................Modric...................................

............................Keane....................................

In the carling cup modric was much more creative when moved to this position. This is where he plays for Croatia.

id switch cudicini for gomez to be honest. id also like to see more of huddlestone n less of jenas. and would love to see defoe n keane play together(if they can!)

Advertisement