Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice inexpensive hotel in Sydney

Options
  • 09-03-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi

have flights booked to go over on the 15th April arriving the 16th. The BF is coming for 12 days then i'm off to meet friends for 2 weeks after that!! Whoo hoo can you say excited!!

Anyway back to the point i'm looking for a nice inexpensive hotel in sydney for myself and himself just for 4 nights or so...can anyone reccommend anywhere...hostels need not apply himself wont go for it!!!

Also tourist attractions in sydney..any must sees???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

Vibe hotels are good value.

http://www.vibehotels.com.au/default.asp?page=/vibe-locations/sydney-hotels/vibe-hotel-sydney

I've stayed at the above one in Goulburn St and it was fine - central, very clean, decor is a bit naff but a decent 3 star level place.

There's also this chain: http://www.mantra.com.au - I think they're supposed to be quite reasonable in the $ dept.

Re: Sights in Sydney:

Harbour
    Harbour Bridge
    Opera House on the harbour
    Taronga Zoo which you get a boat to from the harbour
    Botanical Gardens - oddly enough, you'll be able to see the harbour from there too!
    Head up to the Bar at the top of the Shangri-La hotel on Circular Quay - great views of the harbour.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

whotif.com

is a very good and can get cheap deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭sallysaucer

Thanks for the help....

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Stayed in the Shangri-La down in the rocks once with a call girl the girlfriend and it is way overpriced and over-rated, nice view and buffet though!!

If you know anyone with an entertainment book, you can get discounts on hotels. Ask one of your friends over here to see if they have it.

What about serviced apartments, stayed in one down in macleay street (potts point), was abot $90 that time. www.check-in.com.au/Sydney/Macleay_Serviced_Apartment_Hotel.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Define inexpensive.

If I ever have to recommend a Sydney Hotel it's the Holiday Inn on Darling Harbour. It's $150 a night which I think is good value. Don't be fooled by the name though it's closer to Chinatown than Darling Harbour.

Check out www.ratestogo.com and www.wotif.com too. I always vet hotels on www.tripadvisor.com to make sure they're what I'm after.

Also, as another poster said, serviced apartments in Australia are a great deal and usually cheaper than hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

Stayed in the Shangri-La down in the rocks once

I stayed there on my wedding night and for a few nights after, (we got married just across the road at the MCA), have to say I wasn't too overly impressed with the place either. We forked out for a super duper suite etc and yes the view is stunning (one I never seem to tire of), but I thought the decor of the room and some other aspects were a bit blah... At the end of the day all the hotels in that location charge what they do for the view - not so much the real standard of the hotel.

Advertisement