Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats parking like?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

what is parking in UL like, is it free ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh, touchy subject!

Never enough parking when you want it. Is there such a thing as free parking around UL?

Guess it depends on what a)where you're going b)what time you arrive at college

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

14 car parks if I remember correctly (some of the bigger ones are subdivided into pretend smaller car parks). Some free, many not. 3 euros a visit. Free ones fill up early.

A small number of staff are appalled that they have to pay for parking while some students who arrive in early don't. They're occasionally very noisy about it on the staff email list. They're cranks.

Car parks are among UL's most obvious features. Not as spectacularly funny as driving into Shannon airport but there's still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

even if you live on campus its hard to get parking if your coming back onto campus during the day so its a little cutthroat to be honest

its very easy to get clamped too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

To be honest the onyl one I can think of that costs money is the one across from O mahonys bookshop. UL is probably the university with the most car spaces and still is always full, god help those in UCD where there is 22,000 students.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Theres generally somewher to park although iv spent up to 20 minutes looking for spaces...most times its alright tho, they dont seem to be too strict about parking in staff car parks.

Theres also a way of getting out of the 3 euro car parks free if u get another car to drive up to the barrier from the outside to open it letting u drive out. Pretty hard at the one by o'mahonys but can be done in hte one behind schuman

Also parking can be a joke in thomond student village. anytime after 10pm and ur gonna have to be fairly creative with your parking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

I tend to be find parking in thomond! yes it can be difficult at times, but I've never had to park at the ends! (I must be lucky!!) ! best times to find spaces are kinda 10 - 12 during the day and 6 to 8 in the evenings and at the weekend the place in EMPTY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

maryjm wrote: »
    I tend to be find parking in thomond! yes it can be difficult at times, but I've never had to park at the ends! (I must be lucky!!) ! best times to find spaces are kinda 10 - 12 during the day and 6 to 8 in the evenings and at the weekend the place in EMPTY!!!!

Lol ya..i love comin in to thomond and seein them disabled spaces free..its class..and so far i havent seen anyone disabled living here so my consience is clear:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

c_k_m wrote: »
    Theres generally somewher to park although iv spent up to 20 minutes looking for spaces...most times its alright tho, they dont seem to be too strict about parking in staff car parks.

Theres also a way of getting out of the 3 euro car parks free if u get another car to drive up to the barrier from the outside to open it letting u drive out. Pretty hard at the one by o'mahonys but can be done in hte one behind schuman

Also parking can be a joke in thomond student village. anytime after 10pm and ur gonna have to be fairly creative with your parking
    Not too strict about parking in staff spaces? The amount of people I've seen clamped.
    Maybe in places like that one near the HS building they don't mind ya parking in staff carpark but the main ones you will get clamped from what I've seen.

Just park in the student villages or back of college court...
    c_k_m wrote: »
    Lol ya..i love comin in to thomond and seein them disabled spaces free..its class..and so far i havent seen anyone disabled living here so my consience is clear:D:D:D

Your probably right but I still couldn't bring myself to park in a disabled space.

Advertisement