Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallaghers to re-open. Do you care?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Could you care less? Gallaghers a closed landmark pub in Mullingar is to re-open. How long will it survive in todays market? I think they would make more money if it still had its snooker table but thats just me. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Casey ca

Hey heard that rumour today. any idea who is taking it over? Not sure how well it will do but ill def be in the door to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

I heard the names but i forget. Two males. One runs the late bar beside the roma Mullen i think and the other is a county footballer past or present i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Couldnt care less about Gallaghers.....

Any if the guy that runs Tonic beside the Roma is taking over I can only imagine what it is going to be like.

Now if Hughes reopened again (even though its turned into a bank :( ) I would be delighted

Couldnt care less about Gallaghers.....

Any if the guy that runs Tonic beside the Roma is taking over I can only imagine what it is going to be like.

Now if Hughes reopened again (even though its turned into a bank :( ) I would be delighted
    Yeah lets start a thread "bring back Huges Corner House" with the Rabbi Anthony. Great pub in its day. I loved going in early on Saturdays when i was a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

10/10. I loved Hughes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Where on earth is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

45 degrees from McDonalds

It had a propper snug and was a good place to get trollied. It had private access to the bar and was a bit to small to fall down in. Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Up da Craic

I used to drink in Huges Corner House especially on a sat night with all my student friends. Ah memories. Bring back Huges Corner House Huges Corner House

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Yes was in Hughes every Friday & Saturday Night without fail! We normally managed to take over the Snug most weekends :p

Oh those were the days!

I dont think any pub in Mullingar comes close to Hughes and never will :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

it was a sad day for Muillingar when Hughes closed its doors :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Yes was in Hughes every Friday & Saturday Night without fail! We normally managed to take over the Snug most weekends :p

Oh those were the days!

I dont think any pub in Mullingar comes close to Hughes and never will :(

I never had the pleasure - but the place sounds great! Add my name to the list for 'Bring bach Hughes'!!! :D

Advertisement