Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for honest opinions

• 09-03-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of one of the following systems :

Pioneer DCS-580

Samsung HT-X250

Samsung HT-TZ315

My plasma is a Samsung 50" , so the Anynet function would be handy on the 2 Samsung systems, bluetooth would also be good but only the 315 has this, but are these functions enough to knock the Pioneer out of Ring?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

kingaaa wrote: »

Pioneer DCS-580

Samsung HT-TZ315
    Samsung 315 ONLY because of the 1080p up-scaling chip. The "Anynet" feature works with most DVD/Bluray players via the HDMI.
    Not the Pioneer because of the 1080i but would chose that first otherwise; not the x250 because they burn out to fast and scratch to easy.

>Sol
    (P.S one question : Why not bluray?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Sol, to be honest I would'nt have much use for blueray, the dvd player would be for my existing library. Most the video I watch now is via network through a D-Link DSM330. I would have pulled the trigger on the Samsung 315 a couple of weeks ago but I seen one in the flesh in Currys and thought it was awful looking, the tallboys were very plasticy looking. Seeing as 4 tallboys and a sub will take up a fair amount of floorspace the missus reqires that they are half-decent looking!

akaSol wrote: »
    Samsung 315 ONLY because of the 1080p up-scaling chip. The "Anynet" feature works with most DVD/Bluray players via the HDMI.
    Not the Pioneer because of the 1080i but would chose that first otherwise; not the x250 because they burn out to fast and scratch to easy.

>Sol
    (P.S one question : Why not bluray?)

Sol, as my plasma is not full HD, would the 1080p make a big difference?

Just looking at the spec on the pioneer and it does 1080p upscaling :

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-580/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

kingaaa wrote: »
    Just looking at the spec on the pioneer and it does 1080p upscaling :

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-580/index.html

Sorted then!
    >Sol
    (Oh one more head ake to add: Sony DAVDZ660 €349?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Hey, I am doing some research into a similar samsung model i think, HT-TZ515T. Looks like good value for money.

But my question and I guess its not just about the samsung model, is about the number of inputs on the systems, maybe i am missing something but can i connect my various pieces of equipment that the sound will be playing through the theater system. I have an xbox, and with the amount of inputs i am unsure!! spec

Can someone clear this up for me thanks.

ps: sorry if i am hijacking the thread a bit. Cheers

Well just to confuse the situation I ended up going for the Sony HT-SF1300 speaker system and the Panasonic BD35 bluray player! all in all only cost about €200 more than the Samsung system but now I have region-free bluray and a clatter of HD connections at the back of the SF1300 which should keep me sorted for all my AV gear. BTW, if anybody is interested in the Pioneer system, John over on the richersounds forum is selling them for a ridiculous price.

Advertisement