Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlkd 3G Iphone Problem - Was working fine but now No Service?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My friend used a site called iphoneunlockUK.com to unlock his iphone. Was working fine until he returned from abroad (where the phone was also working fine) and now he gets 'no service' instead of his network.

Think he may have used a different SIM while abroad.

I've tried installing yellowsn0w and unlocking with that but it doesnt seem to work - although yellowsnow installs okay i get an error NetDB: opennodename nor srvname....

If I remove the iphoneunlockUK.com app and use yellowsn0w to unlock the phone again should this work?

Trying to avoid restoring the iphone completely if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pete Briquette

Removed the iphoneunlockUK.com app and reinstalled yellowsn0w.

Finally worked after i reset the network settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Removed the iphoneunlockUK.com app and reinstalled yellowsn0w.

Finally worked after i reset the network settings.
    Did your friend pay for the service he got from iphoneunlockUK.com? Sounds like they should be offering a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pete Briquette

CivilEx wrote: »
    Did your friend pay for the service he got from iphoneunlockUK.com? Sounds like they should be offering a refund

Yeah think it was around €30, seems like a bit of a scam alright... will make sure he gets onto them, i'm sure there's plenty of others in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I'm pretty sure that site ripped off some of the iPhone Dev Team's free unlocking software: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/68156562/hello-jody

Advertisement