Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order query

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope you guys can help me.

I set up a new standing order to pay my rent. The account number for the landlord begins with a 0 and when i activated this, it appears on my online banking without the first 0. Is this something to do with their system because i definitely entered the correct ac number.

Also, how long does it take funds to clear from one bank to a different bank for a standing order?
    Is it the usual 3-5 working days?

Cheers in advance guys.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not sure what the story is with the 0, you might want to give your own bank a ring and check.

As regards time to clear, the funds will be in the beneficiary account in 2 days if it is a different bank, same day if it is the same bank.

Advertisement