Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router For Use With NTL Broadband

• 09-03-2009 11:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭

looking for a recessionly priced wireless router for the sister.

she is running NTL fixed modem broadband with their stock netgear wireless router but it packed in and will onlt let her connnect with limited or no connectivity! NTL say they are not responible for the router after its installed :mad:, but thats another days rant!!

online or bricks and mortar, i dont mind where or who from, once it works and is cheap as possible.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Try to upgrade the routers firmware, to do this connect to it and then upgrade the firmware. This pulls down the latest updates from the manafacturers website.

Could also be the wireless adapter in your sis's laptop or PC.

Use another laptop, to see if this connects successfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

you want one by NetGear, i bought mine on DABS.ie for 80 eur i think. you can get them cheaper tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Assuming it is the router that's caput, €80 is way too much for what you need.

This is the stock unit NTL supply , and you'll pick up one cheaper on adverts.ie, no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

If you do decde to buy another router buy one with a built in ATA adapter(allows you to connect a regular phone, which can be used for VOIP calls, using the router)

Advertisement