Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Craigavon

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

There has been some form of shooting in Craigavon - "at least" one police officer injured. On the news now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Just seen it, PSNI Officer is critical. Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

not again.......the war continues........sad times

From rte:

There are reports tonight that a PSNI officer has been shot in the Craigavon area.

The initial information suggests the shooting took place within the past hour and the victim is in a critical condition.

More news to follow.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Scum Bastards:mad:
    What sad news, sick scum are at it again.
    Can't even shoot the scum for that would make them martyrs.

Those that hide and protect the scum are equally as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think the Real IRA or whatever this group will claim this, have seriously underestimated how NI has moved on.

Yes, SF and the DUP have problems, NI isn't perfect, there are still major divides etc. etc. but the vast, vast majority appreciate how things have changed.

This crowd have no democratic mandate, which even in the 70/80's SF had.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

The officer has died :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Words fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

shayser wrote: »
    where u get that info

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

shayser wrote: »
    Yeah, Sky News say AFP (whoever they are) say he's now dead, but no other confirmation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The intelligence community has been saying that this would happen due to a great number of Catholics joining up (and rightly so - they should join up).
    This, if connected to the other scumbags that two two lives. is ONLY an attempt to bully the Catholic community.

SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS! - THEY EVEN BULLY OUR OWN PEOPLE!

This scum recognises nothing but themselves.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, Sky News say AFP (whoever they are) say he's now dead, but no other confirmation.

RIP. It's time everybody got behind the PSNI and the tough job they have.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Sorry, yeah Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

but these fu&kers get off scot free...

they got off the hook in the omagh trial

they got off the hook in the northern bank trial

released early from prison etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

K-9 wrote: »
    I think the Real IRA or whatever this group will claim this, have seriously underestimated how NI has moved on.

This exactly. They don't have the support of the people anymore, be it active support or just acceptance of the cause or whatever. Nationalists are in a far better position now than they have been since partition, as regards equality and representation etc. It makes no sense to start a new war now when so much has already been won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

It's not yet confirmed yet by the PSNI that the shooting is fatal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just mentioned it on Questions and Answers.

Watching Sky News here. Confirmed as fatality by Reuters quoting PSNI.

Poor Officer has died. R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Sky News:

he incident happened in the predominantly Catholic area of Lismore Road in Craigavon.
    "At least one police officer has been taken to hospital after a shooting," a Police Service of Northern Ireland spokeswoman said.
    It comes two days after Real IRA dissidents shot and killed two British soldiers at an army base in Antrim.
    Sky's David Bowden said: "Craigavon is a place where there has been gang crime before.
    "This incident may have nothing whatsoever to do with the shootings on Saturday night.
    "But everyone is mindful that this may well be the next step."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Reuters reporting that a member of the PSNI has confirmed that the police officer has died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bitter lemon

This exactly. They don't have the support of the people anymore, be it active support or just acceptance of the cause or whatever. Nationalists are in a far better position now than they have been since partition, as regards equality and representation etc. It makes no sense to start a new war now when so much has already been won.

They dont care or want support. There is no sense involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Confirmed on Sky News the Officer is dead. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wtf, what a bunch of lowly cnuts, the PSNI are a joint force now. This was totally uncalled for

Now is the time for all decent people on these islands to unite in a noble cause, to rid these parts of the murderous scum once and for all.
    There is a new generation in the North that only knows peace, we can't let a handful of evil criminals destroy that hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

I agree with the above but hey if they want a war they will get it only this time they will not only have the british to contend with but also 99% of catholics up there.

These people should be put to death when caught

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

me thinks Omagh 2 is around the corner:(

fryup wrote: »
    but these fu&kers get off scot free...

they got off the hook in the omagh trial

Agreed.
    fryup wrote:
    they got off the hook in the northern bank trial

Real IRA? Better not say anything else on that as this isn't the thread for it.

Yes, the economy improved. The best solution is integration, it's FACT at this stage. Mixed schools, housing estates is the way forward. Having said that, I have sympathy for people stuck in the Falls Road, Shankhill etc.

I think the McCartney killing has changed SF policy on the PSNI. It will take time but I think even SF realised, at some time we have to become a proper political party and yes, that involves supporting law and order.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Now is the time for all decent people on these islands to unite in a noble cause, to rid these parts of the murderous scum once and for all.
    There is a new generation in the North that only knows peace, we can't let a handful of evil criminals destroy that hope.

I'd plus 4 million that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Unbelievable stuff, commiserations to the officers family.

They genuinely have no mandate this time, North or South.

Advertisement