Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Craigavon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

It disgusts me that these people would knock back years of hard work.

I'd be supporter of Sinn Fein and going about peace in the north without conflict, these recent incidents are only going to broaden the divide between Republicans and Loyalists further.

**** me it really is like the 80's around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Sky News are saying that AFP ( Associated Press? ) have said it was a head shot and looked like an Amubush as they sat in their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is just awful.

Ireland is falling to pieces again.

The bad all days coming back.

How Ireland crumbled in just 6 months :mad::(

such bad news.. i'm hopin this isn't a second attack but rather just a gangland thing as mentioned on skynews)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is very possible the ambush targeted a catholic member of the PSNI to scare catholics away from it.

There are an extreme core of republicans still out there and a decent many but only a miniscule amount of murderers, we must make sure not to push this extreme core into murderers and condemning totally the republican cause could do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dont need this anymore Saturday night and tonight was just so wrong

Are they using this recession as a way to turn public opinion in the UK against supporting NI with billions every year?

I swear, if we end up stuck with that shíthole or having to pay ANY amount of money to it, I'm out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. There's a tiny group of fcuktards that will take any chance they get to plant a seed of doubt in the peace process, we cannot let that grow into something bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

C.I.R.A at it again.... Arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

These people are only sulking because their old compatriots have landed themselves respectable jobs in the NI administration - they're having lethal temper tantrums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control

people should take to the streets, like they did in spain after the madrid bombings....demonstrate outside they're headquarters...republican sinn fein or whoever represents them

and where's that gobsh&te Rauri O'Braighaigh, whats he got to say about this

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anybody else have that sinking feeling in their stomach?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

This is absolutely disgusting, these people are attention seekers, who do not understand the value of life. So far 3 men have been murdered, these men have families grieving for me.

I don't understand how they can sleep at night or live with themselves after commiting such crimes.

It is too soon to say we are falling into pieces, it's only early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

bbc news says he was attacked while police were investagating suspicious activity in the area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I believe that, and this isn't the most popular thing to say- in times of social insurrection when the majority of the people support a cause there is arguably justification in targetting state forces. The RUC and the British Army in the 70s and 80s for example had their fair share of blood on their hands.

Today- we don't live in any such environment. These peopple have no support, and no mandate. They have critically injured a minimum wage immigrant worker, and shot a 19 year old lad for delievering pizzas. The north is at peace. The police and army have not carried out an injustice on either community in the recent past. Things have moved on.

Would the public support firebomb attacks on financial institutions at 4am in the morning? Of course not, but still- compared to this current chucky campaign I imagine support would be huge. This is stupid, bad tactics at the wrong time.

Theres been enough bloodshed in the north. I don't like the British Army or the British Police Forces (Or any army or cops in similar circumstances or with a similar history worldwide) but bodybags are not the way forward. The PSNI have not put anyone in a bodybag, this isn't a response to an injustice- its an attempt to provoke mayhem.

Killing a man, when the island is happy at peace, is a disgrace. If the public support this kind of lark- why did they not use 'their protest vote' for Republican Sinn Fein or the 32 CSM absentee candidates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

MIN2511 wrote: »
    This is absolutely disgusting, these people are attention seekers, who do not understand the value of life. So far 3 men have been murdered, these men have families grieving for me.

I don't understand how they can sleep at night or live with themselves after commiting such crimes.

In thier disillusioned minds they are doing the right thing, the rest of the country know better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fryup wrote: »
    its time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control

people should take to the streets, like they did in spain after the madrid bombings....demonstrate outside they're headquarters...republican sinn fein or whoever represents them

I can see that coming.

Will the scum listen - absolutely not. They won't even bat an eye lid.
    The rest of the world will see however that these very few scumbags do not represent us.

Where do we sign up to protest and organise a march!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

We can only hope that these attacks in the last few days will go towards solidifying support for the democratic process from people on both sides of the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

NI Policing Board member "We are staring into the abyss & I would appeal to people to pull back"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Totally fcuking pointless.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

S.I.R wrote: »
    C.I.R.A at it again.... Arseholes.
    Since when? again is reference to what previous attack?

Mairt wrote: »
    We can only hope that these attacks in the last few days will go towards solidifying support for the democratic process from people on both sides of the border.

And hope is all we have, cos you can be sure there are nutters on the other side itching for revenage :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Biggins wrote: »
    The rest of the world will see however that these very few scumbags do not represent us.

Sadly I think your wrong.

Like me, your old enough to remember how people seen us in the past. We'll all be tarred with the same brush I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

These basta*ds have no support from the people that would have supported SF/IRA during the 70/80's, times have changed and the average northern person has seen how much the 6 counties have changed in the last 10 years and how much better it is now, compared to then. Very few people want a return to any level of violence, especially seen the political process is still under way.

Unlike in the pass i hope people who know anything about these scum will come forward and get them arrested before more are killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Unreal, and what is the point of these problems starting up again :confused: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Ireland is on the brink and I have said it before, the IRA gave democracy 12 years and are now back on the warpath:(. It is truly a sad day for lovers of democracy, peace and freedom. I don't care who is involved this criminal terrorism must end. I want a United Ireland as much as these sad individuals but it must be achieved through truly peaceful means.

I hope and pray that the Unionist politicians can exercise some control over Loyalist militias so as to avoid revenge attacks. However in light of these and recent events I can see nothing but a return to all out Guerilla warfare back there and the blame lays squarely on the backs of the British government for provoking the IRA by sending in the Special Ops a few weeks ago, this provoked these insane individuals and the UK Government needs to make the first move now to avoid a blood bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Biggins wrote: »
    I can see that coming.

Will the scum listen - absolutely not. They won't even bat an eye lid.

Where do we sign up to protest and organise a march!

Such a march could be target of a bombing such is the current situation

SCUM

When is the protest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

C.I.R.A at it again...
    I don't think CIRA can buy milk without the Brits knowing about it to be honest.

As for the rest of the world going 'sure its only a tiny minority, the Irish are fine?'

Them Iraqis are a lovely bunch of people eh :rolleyes:

This is very damaging for the entire country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Volvoboy wrote: »
    In thier disillusioned minds they are doing the right thing, the rest of the country know better.

It worries me that these people exist, these are attention seeking, uneducated, ignorant and just plain stupid who don't know what their fighting for.:mad:
    I am so upset about this, honestly the recession depression is affecting us all and we are trying to survive but now what are we gonna do now?
    Mairt wrote: »

I hope so, but i doubt it...

Advertisement