Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Craigavon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Are they using this recession as a way to turn public opinion in the UK against supporting NI with billions every year?

I swear, if we end up stuck with that shíthole or having to pay ANY amount of money to it, I'm out of here.

GROW UP :mad:

As someone from Belfast I find your comments deeply offensive. Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Crime is committed for its benefits. Did those who shot the two soldiers set out to benefit the way criminals do? They set out to create political upheavel. Therefore, its political, not criminal.

You see, some people cant move on. I can, im glad to see the back of it all, but you and I have to accept there will always be extremist factions in this world.

It doesn't make it political, they are criminals.

YEP, There will be extremists, it makes them extremists, not politicians in any way sort or form, bad and all as politicians are.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

df1985 wrote: »
    what worries me is the way the british rags report this in england.big dramatic headlines that are designed to shock and almost frighten.ireland and the irish come across badly and millions of british people reading about it in the morning in that way isnt good news for any irish person, catholic or otherwise.

really:confused: well that wasn't my experience i lived in the uk during ira bombing campaigns and i never got any hassle.........generally speaking british people are very tolerant

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

"Fresh graffiti in the area earlier today in a loyalist area of Lurgan, close to last night’s shooting said: “An eye 4 an eye – back 2 war”.

from the timesonline..

Back to the doldrums of futile insanity me thinks... :mad:

Being a young Catholic lad from Belfast - this worries me :(

Wish these lads would just stop it like, this will achieve nothing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fryup wrote: »
    really:confused: well that wasn't my experience i lived in the uk during ira bombing campaigns and i never got any hassle.........generally speaking british people are very tolerant

I too, lived and worked in England. Never got any hassle.
    Now I know for sure others did - but this was very, very rare and always a tiny percentage between the Irish mingling with the British.
    Every Irish person that was there in the country with me at the time made a point of expressing that those doing the killings did not represent them or the vast majority of folks back home.

Also I should add that the British people were delighted to see the Irish people marching on the streets of Ireland demanding peace.
    It may come to that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Crime is committed for its benefits. Did those who shot the two soldiers set out to benefit the way criminals do? They set out to create political upheavel. Therefore, its political, not criminal.

You see, some people cant move on. I can, im glad to see the back of it all, but you and I have to accept there will always be extremist factions in this world.

Chambers twentieth century dictionary defines Crime thus ; a violation of law, an act punishable by law, an act gravely, morally wrong.
    These people are CRIMINALS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

fryup wrote: »

it just worries me thats all.i have many friends from england that i worked with in spain and theyre lack of knowledge on the whole situation in the north was hard to believe.
    people like that reading about republican groups shooting british soldiers etc could easily pick it up the wrong way and believe irish people support the cause.obviously a lot of british people know this isnt the case but there are some who know zilch about the north and when they hear of irish terrorists its hard to know how they might feel about regular irish people as a result.look at the backlash in the US against muslims after 9/11.all down to ignorance and a belief everyone of that faith felt the same.(i know i cant compare 9/11 with this but you get what im saying i hope!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Of course its political,

why didnt they just shoot two civilians instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

"Fresh graffiti in the area earlier today in a loyalist area of Lurgan, close to last night’s shooting said: “An eye 4 an eye – back 2 war”.

from the timesonline..

Back to the doldrums of futile insanity me thinks... :mad:

After the Love Ulster parade riots, there was graffiti on Dame Street that said "Provies dead, new bread breed alivie" (sic...all of them). I don't put much faith in graffiti.

• Advertisement

Of course its political,

Em, em, em em.

Ordering pizzas in civvies isn't civilian?

Therein lies were we differ.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Of course its political,

If we're talking about Saturday night I believe they did, as well

this seems very bad to say, but i forgot about those two. Innocent people getting caught up in the crossfire. As big a ***** as those who killed them were, im sure even they feel bad about the two delivery boys dying as a result of their actions. Do you reckon they set out to kill those two or just soldiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

this seems very bad to say, but i forgot about those two. Innocent people getting caught up in the crossfire. As big a ***** as those who killed them were, im sure even they feel bad about the two delivery boys dying as a result of their actions. Do you reckon they set out to kill those two or just soldiers?

I read somewhere where the scum meant to kill all at the scene, apparently they described the delivery men as 'colluding with the army' . Nothing surprises me anymore about the sick mentality of the murdering scum.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bastards is all they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

RIRA wrote:
    We make no apology for injuring the two civilians...they were colluding with the enemy.

I didn't realize Poland were enemies with the UK.

I don't think you've been keeping up with the news Leif.
    The 2 Pizza delivery men were targeted because they were collaborating with the enemy. Do you think that was political or criminal.

Oh Good God.

Facepalm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

For once I hope the students/young people organise some kind of march over this. I never hop on bandwagons or expect protests to achieve much, but as far as I can see there has to be a message send to the perpetrators of these killings.

RIP to the Policeman.

Anyone have any word on how the other soldier(s) and delivery guys are doing from the other night?

wilson10 wrote: »
    I don't think you've been keeping up with the news Leif.
    The 2 Pizza delivery men were targeted because they were collaborating with the enemy. Do you think that was political or criminal.
    I didnt know that, I dont know whether to laugh or what.

Please tell me that the whole 'they said the pizza boys were committing collusion' is a piss take by some willie frazer-like character, otherwise we really have a worrying situation on our hands. People of that mentality wielding guns!

• Advertisement

If we're talking about Saturday night I believe they did, as well

They were not civilians, they were two soldiers who came to the gate of their base to collect pizzas. Nowhere have i read that they were in civvies and even if they were, they are still NOT civilians in that situation. They were (admittedly random) political targets.

You're making it sound like the Real IRA are a legitimate army who happened to unfortunately hit some civilians :eek:

They pumped over 20 bullets into one of the pizza delivery guys. One of the soldiers apparently tried to shield him. Terrorist scum walked over and executed the soldier while he was lying on top of the injured delivery guy.

They said in their statement the two pizza guys were "collaborating" with the British army - by delivering them food.

That is the level of intelligence and psychopathy you are dealing with here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

eth0_ wrote: »
    They were (admittedly random) political targets.

What political party / large group of people do they, the real IRA, represent?

They were not civilians, they were two soldiers who came to the gate of their base to collect pizzas. Nowhere have i read that they were in civvies and even if they were, they are still NOT civilians in that situation. They were (admittedly random) political targets.

Pizza delivery men, not civilian. What were they, undercover SAS ?

They weren't in uniform. Jaysus.

Sure Enniskillen was grand too. Legitimate targets?

Saved for definition of straw man argument.

You are reading the wrong sources.

What political party / large group of people do they, the real IRA, represent?

What are you talking about? The British Army and the PSNI are "legitimate targets" in the eyes of the Real IRA. That's what I meant!

The Real IRA represent almost no one.

Pizza delivery men, not civilian. What were they, undercover SAS ?

Read again. I'm clearly referring to the slain soldiers, not the Dominoes guys! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's unfortunate that with this group being so small they are harder to infilitrate.

however, i doubt many would shed a tear if someone took their leaders out.

although, politically that would be a dangerous course of action to take.

still, it would be a risk worth taking if it prevents a cycle of tit for tat killings breaking out. which is what could happen if a couple of more killings occur.

• Advertisement

Read again. I'm clearly referring to the slain soldiers, not the Dominoes guys! :rolleyes:

Ach, casualties of war I suppose.

Look, we've heard all this before. Didn't wash then, doesn't wash now.

Advertisement