Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Craigavon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They're such morons they managed to get caught on CCTV surrounding the base, and left forensic evidence in the car they failed to burn out. Hopefully they'll be caught very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

eth0_ wrote: »
    Read again. I'm clearly referring to the slain soldiers, not the Dominoes guys! :rolleyes:

I think we're getting our wires crossed, but if you read carefully thru the thread I believe you'll find that it was your mistake.

K-9 wrote: »
    Ach, casualties of war I suppose.

Look, we've heard all this before. Didn't wash then, doesn't wash now.

WTF are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sorry, got you mixed up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

They're such morons they managed to get caught on CCTV surrounding the base, and left forensic evidence in the car they failed to burn out. Hopefully they'll be caught very soon.

Didn't hear that. That sounds promising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

What are you talking about? The British Army and the PSNI are "legitimate targets" in the eyes of the Real IRA. That's what I meant!

The Real IRA represent almost no one.

Yeah in the eyes of the Real IRA. In the eyes of a cannibal your a meal.

From your post sounded as if you were accepting the fact that these soldiers are political targets.

wilson10 wrote: »
    I think we're getting our wires crossed, but if you read carefully thru the thread I believe you'll find that it was your mistake.

Sorry, I see what you mean now.
    I don't believe the gunmen went out with the intention of murdering the pizza guys though. It sounds like that happened in the heat of the moment and their statement about 'collaborators' was them backtracking. Even those scumbags can't genuinely believe someone delivering takeaway to an army base is a 'collaborator'.

Yeah in the eyes of the Real IRA. In the eyes of a cannibal your a meal.

From your post sounded as if you were accepting the fact that these soldiers are political targets.

*I* don't think they are legitimate targets! I meant the Real IRA consider the defence forces in Northern Ireland to be targets.

I don't believe the gunmen went out with the intention of murdering the pizza guys though. It sounds like that happened in the heat of the moment and their statement about 'collaborators' was them backtracking. Even those scumbags can't genuinely believe someone delivering takeaway to an army base is a 'collaborator'.

The IRA used to kill "collaborators" and they were the softline guys.

These are the hardliners.

I beleive they would shoot their grannie if she was deemed guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

galwayrush wrote: »
    Then let us show the world that these scum do not represent us in any way, that they are an isolated evil minded criminal gang that have no place in society.

What Biggins said..........

.The rest of the world will see however that these very few scumbags do not represent us.

Where do we sign up to protest and organise a march!.

Here here, a march to the dail to show solidarity with those murdered and their families, just like the public outpouring after Omagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

They followed the pizza guys to the base... they then fired over 60 rounds. I don't believe for a minute that it didn't occur to them that these guys would get caught up in the whole thing. These murders and tonights one are despicable now matter why they were carried out.

Not in my name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

If delivering pizzas to a barracks is collusion God help us all. Does that mean a Cashier can't serve them in a supermarket, or a petrol station?

As far as i am concerned Murder is murder no matter what way people choose to dress it.

After this and Saturdays event i go to bed with a little bit of my heart broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

The last time all of this kicked off, when they couldn't get to the soldiers and start picking them off, they went after the "collaborators" which is pretty stupid. It also comes across as quite bloodthirsty - they want someone to die, and they don't particularly care if they're a civilian.

It's a sad time now that this has all started again. The American tourists in Ireland had just stopped believing that you were going to get bombed the second you got over the border, and now it could well be true at the rate this thing is going at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I swear, if we end up stuck with that shíthole or having to pay ANY amount of money to it, I'm out of here.

Comments like that really don't contribute anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kork Boy

I had hoped the killing of the soldiers would be once off gesture by these thugs, I was mistaken. RIP to the poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If anyones interested please sign up

Citizens Against Militant Republicans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kork Boy

Why is that only against Militant Republicans? Can I still join if I'm against Militant Loyalists too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Very amusing, CAMP. This doesn't bode well. I feel a little guilty because i was going to head up north today shopping and briefly thought "maybe i shouldn't."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

When all the trouble was in the north years ago, I had no direct attachment to it but it the killings, bombings etc always saddened and angered me. Hearing the news on the radio about omagh will live with me forever.
    But now, my partner of the last few years , grew up right in the middle of the troubles in the 80's/90's and some of the stories about what happened to her as a kid (and her family) would make you sick.
    They had no affiliation to any military group....they hated them all up there (which wasnt common) and it is why the left in the early 90's.
    But I can’t remember seeing her as depressed as I did this morning...saying that she got that sick feeling in her stomach that she used to get as a kid.
    In terms of location, we are well away from NI....but news like this makes her feel like she is right back there.
    I just hope everyone will stay calm over the next few weeks and months and we can all help to get through this

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

li@mo wrote: »
    I'll never vote SF.......ever

RIP and condolences to the poor mans family, the guys carrying out these attacks are utter scum and its gotta be stamped our before they carry out a massive bombing which I'm sure is in the planning.

The above statement does'nt even make sense and shows the lack of knowledge by some posters here.

The RIRA hate SF and are trying to derail the peace process that SF helped to set up. SF have no links with these wasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I think a Facebook page would be much better, no one uses Bebo anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

As another poster has said, why citizens against militent Republicans only?

The RIRA are trying to provoke a reaction from the Loyalists to start the circle of violence again and if they continue the way they are going I'm sure they will eventually get one.

What about citizens against terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The CIRA have claimed responsibilty for last nights killing.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090310/tuk-second-terrorist-group-claims-latest-dba1618.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 petebrads

Cant believe it...what motivation do they have. Wev came so far, been through this all before, nothing suprises me anymore. We all need to watch our backs in Belfast surrounding areas as a retaliation is imminent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Police officer named as Stephen Paul Carroll........I wonder was he intentionally targetted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bring back internment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I will never understand British government. There were so many policemen killed on the streets and they still refuse them a right to have a gun.

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I will never understand British government. There were so many policemen killed on the streets and they still refuse them a right to have a gun.

The PSNI carry handguns...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

WooPeeA wrote: »

They do carry guns?

I work with some kids on the Shankill road (all very nice kids but they would know people in the LVF, UVF, and UDA) and one of them was saying to me yesterday that the LVF are going out looking for some-one already to kill in a revenge attack.
    All the kids on the Shankill don't want this to happen again. No catholics I've spoken to up here want it to happen again.

Just praying the LVF see sense before they do anything, but if the RIRA/CIRA keep antagonising them it's not looking good:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Des wrote: »
    Bring back internment

That worked a treat last time. The worst response would be a heavy-handed one.

Advertisement