Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Craigavon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

df1985 wrote: »
    what worries me is the way the british rags report this in england.big dramatic headlines that are designed to shock and almost frighten.ireland and the irish come across badly and millions of british people reading about it in the morning in that way isnt good news for any irish person, catholic or otherwise.
    But it's not like we haven't being there before .Generations of Irish people living in UK will understand this and Know most British people are intelligent enough to see the lastest 'sky newz/tabloid headlines ' for what it is sensationalism, which should not of course take away from the seriousness of the situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

latchyco wrote: »
    But it's not like we haven't being there before .Generations of Irish people living in UK will understand this and Know most British people are intelligent enough to see the lastest 'sky newz/tabloid headlines ' for what it is sensationalism, which should not of course take away from the seriousness of the situation.

Ha you overestimate them!

We all generalise its human nature.

We dont think any of the iraqis are nice peaceful people do we?

They will think we are all big terrorists again

- princess maragret - "eyyy the irish are peegs!" - that was meant to be a whiny posh voice!!!

Ha you overestimate them!

We all generalise its human nature.

We dont think any of the iraqis are nice peaceful people do we?

They will think we are all big terrorists again

- princess maragret - "eyyy the irish are peegs!" - that was meant to be a whiny posh voice!!!
    Yes but obiously if you were to walk in the an English pub with a tricolour the day after a bombing outrage expressing your opinions on it ,you might be ( underestimating ) looking for trouble .

Point I am making is yes , people will react to any major atrocity ie, 9/11 but depending on which part of uk you live in it's not going to affect you one way or other.Not like all the London Irish born will pack up and leave tomorrow is it.?

Princess margeret is just another royal who most of the time didn't live in the real world . She had no time for commoners be they Irish or English .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

They do carry guns?

I work with some kids on the Shankill road (all very nice kids but they would know people in the LVF, UVF, and UDA) and one of them was saying to me yesterday that the LVF are going out looking for some-one already to kill in a revenge attack.
    All the kids on the Shankill don't want this to happen again. No catholics I've spoken to up here want it to happen again.

Just praying the LVF see sense before they do anything, but if the RIRA/CIRA keep antagonising them it's not looking good:(
    Years ago there was a mafia boss in Colombia, his name was Pablo Escobar. He had a monopole on drug import from Columbia and few other countries to United States. He very quickly became one of the richest people in the world and his organization gained $28 bn/year income.

He was very brutal, he killed nearly every police officer who tried to do something against him. Bombs in the cars, bombs in the shops, bombs in the restaurant.. That became a part of life of millions of Columbians.

He called this tactic plata o plomo (silver or the bullet). He even killed 3 candidates for president during one elections, just because they disagried with him in their programs.

There was nothing the government could do. People were scared. One day he organized a bomb attack on children's book shop to kill one of his opponents. Many children died that day, and that was it.

His victims and their families decided to organize and arm themselves. Their goal was to kill all members of his cartel, one after another. They called themselves Los Pepes and during next few months 300 of his most loyal people has been killed.

His organization became weak and on December 2nd, 1993 Escobar has been found and killed by police. He had nobody to protect him that day.

That's how the terrorist organizations work. They build their fortunes on creating that some kind of fear in the society. But the fact is they don't have thousands of people behind them as most of people think, but few mentally ill psychos who get paid for hurting others and who can be removed in one day if someone gets really angry.

Media always made those problems bigger than they really are. If they didn't show those bombs, suicides and shootings, then the terrorists would have no reason to kill anyone.

Like the accident with the soldiers. There was no political reason to kill them. The only reason was to make people fear them.

The fear factor is what has kept the gangs NI running Murder inc for generations .Without it they would drown in their own **** .

Mexico is now like Columbia .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

latchyco wrote: »
    To much Tequila & Mescal can make you hallucinate .

It can apparently make you hallucinate really **** jokes from the 1980's you last heard in the playground on lunchbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Like the accident with the soldiers. There was no political reason to kill them. The only reason was to make people fear them.

Fcuk sake, you sound like a member of sinn fein. How can you call it an accident....it was cold-blooded murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Accident me fúcking arse.

People who are calling this an accident need their heads read.

Clowns.

Accident?

What kind of propagandist bullshít is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The odds are against it, but I can only hope the deceased was Catholic. Just for the sake of giving the locals more reason to hate these scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Terry wrote: »
    The odds are against it, but I can only hope the deceased was Catholic. Just for the sake of giving the locals more reason to hate these scumbags.

Lets drag religion into the conflict again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

LowOdour wrote: »
    Fcuk sake, you sound like a member of sinn fein. How can you call it an accident....it was cold-blooded murder
    Des wrote: »
    Accident me fúcking arse.

People who are calling this an accident need their heads read.

Clowns.

Accident?

What kind of propagandist bullshít is that?

Tone it down Des.

Maybe read the whole post rather than just jumping on that one word. Looks like they probably meant incident but they can clear that up themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

nvm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Horrible, horrible attack

I'm really worried that the next step will be a bomb :(

However a security analyst on the radio pointed out that obviously they do not have the support that the IRA had during the troubles, and that includes financial support from abroad.

I just hope the police are able to deal with these scumbags in a tough manner, one that the community can get behind. The chief constable has also made the point that he has no plans to get support from the army. Hopefully it won't be necessary, because that could antagonise other Republicans.

What p*ssed me off though was listening to Newstalk and hearing some interviewer asking divisive questions like 'do you think SF are doing enough', 'is this creating friction within the assembly', 'is that NI government struggling', etc.

Not f*cking helpful at all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dave! wrote: »
    What p*ssed me off though was listening to Newstalk and hearing some interviewer asking divisive questions like 'do you think SF are doing enough', 'is this creating friction within the assembly', 'is that NI government struggling', etc.

Not f*cking helpful at all

Yer wan on Morning Ireland pretty much handed the mic over to some PSNI head and fed him cues to help his rant about SF and the SDLP's criticism of hugh orde. Agendas ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DonJose wrote: »
    Lets drag religion into the conflict again :rolleyes:
    Again?
    When did it ever stop being about religion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mumhaabu wrote: »
    Ireland is on the brink and I have said it before, the IRA gave democracy 12 years and are now back on the warpath

No, you'll find they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hate to go off topic. But how does the IRA believe shooting random cops and soldiers bring forth a 32 county Ireland, Like seriously? Can someone in the know explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Kork Boy wrote: »
    Why is that only against Militant Republicans? Can I still join if I'm against Militant Loyalists too?

You can be against anything you want.

Anyway, have changed it to a more neutral name now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodin wrote: »
    No, you'll find they aren't.
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hate to go off topic. But how does the IRA believe shooting random cops and soldiers bring forth a 32 county Ireland, Like seriously? Can someone in the know explain this?

Its not the god damned IRA - they've disbanded for crying out loud.

We've a new generation of scumbags calling themselves the C-IRA and R-IRA, and another thing - Sein Fein are NOT answerable to anyone for this weeks murder's.

Its NOT the bloody IRA!.

Shoot cops - create atmosphere of hostility. Brits and loyalists overreact, creates support for them, undermines Gerry and Co, few more years its back to square one with Gerry and successors as the SDLP and them as the militant republicans.

Roughly now, I might be crediting them with too much there. The CIRA/Republican Sinn Fein crowd have some ideas about a 4 province federal state in there too, no fvckin clue about the Sands/McKevitt 32 county lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ehh its the RIRA, I attended some commeration thing that these dips wound up speaking at, they haven't a f****in idea between them.

You can be against anything you want.

Anyway, have changed it to a more neutral name now

Maith an fear.

Hopefully there'll only be one side at it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

It's NOT the IRA!!!!!!

Similiar name totally different group.

I'll make it easier for you:

IRA use peaceful means now to achieve their aims

Real IRA disagreed with this and LEFT the IRA to form their own group - using violent means.

That is all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Couple of posts deleted. I do not want to give the floor to speculators, gossip or hearsay.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

These pretend IRA groups have never actually achieved anything worthwhile on their own though have they?

As far as I know, the Provisionals were teh only ones worth worrying about to any real extent.

This means these lesser groups have never had a lot of support and even less now so it will only be a matter of time before they are caught and the public will be thankful to have peace again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

thebman wrote: »
    These pretend IRA groups have never actually achieved anything worthwhile on their own though have they?

As far as I know, the Provisionals were teh only ones worth worrying about to any real extent.

RIRA carried out Omagh

0ubliette wrote: »
    It can apparently make you hallucinate really **** jokes from the 1980's you last heard in the playground on lunchbreak
    Indeed,totally out of date and in wrong place to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

RIRA carried out Omagh

That wasn't really worthwhile though was it?

More a demonstration of their complete ineptitude and inability to achieve their goals.

I feel sorry for the people that died there but it wasn't a worthwhile effort. It didn't do anything except kill completely innocent people. Hell I even remember where I was when I heard about it and can picture it in my head. It depressed me for the rest of the day even though I was at a sporting event I won.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

RIRA carried out Omagh

and i've got a bad feeling omagh 2 is just around the corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

18 year old boy arrested in connection with the murder

(source - sky news)

everything about this whole episode is revolting & stomach-turning

Advertisement