Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Key Copies

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello All!

I just bought a second hand 01 audi A3. Its my first car and I'm really happy with it so far. The only problem with my purchase though is that it only came with one key. This key is plain key without a fob. Hence, I was wondering if anyone knew of an audi dealer or other where I could get a cheap copy cut? And would it be possible to get a fob? I have heard of people unsuccessfully buying blank audi keys from ebay. Subsequently I'm a sceptical about this solution but would be open to recommended companies or other routes.

Thanks for your help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KF:)

If the car has an immoboliser then the key will have a chip in it that will need to be programmed to the car, any audi main dealer should be able to do this, if the car also has remote central locking you should be able to get a fob for this as well. But it will be expensive.... your probably looking at €100 minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

2001 A3 has an immobiliser - guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

Try www.Autokey.ie, i got an original Toyota key from them and from what i know they do all makes, much cheaper than dealers who quoted me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 m0nks

Thanks for your replies guys

Advertisement