Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone website/webtext constantly down.

• 09-03-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

I'm sick of it. Whenever I need the website its more often than not under maintainence or just not working for some reason FFS. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Been having the same problem the last few days as I wanted to check out there deals on the nokia 5800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I thought it was just me.

The vodafone.ie website must rate as one of the most unreliable ever. The webtext thing is rubbish for the reason that when you need it, it comes up with this essential upgrade message about 50% of the time and the other 50% it's so slooooowwww that its a pain in the aras!

Vodafone, cop on lads and show us that you have some degree of technical ability by sorting this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Listen lads, compared to O2 the Vodafone website is exemplary, like comparing the TGV to the Sligo train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

nah to fair about it its very rarely down for me, very! but was down the other day when I wanted to log into my vodafone and look at the shop too... NOWHERE near as bad as the 02 website, though that has improved a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've had problems sending webtexts using Cabbage (www.cabbagetexter.com) since earlier this evening. I guess this could be related to website issues too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

MyVodafone
    My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system.

Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Just logged in to see. Traffic couldnt be that busy at this time of night. There ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Try porting to o2 for a month and using their site and you'll see how lucky you are to be on o2 :pac:
    FAIL. Haha sorry couldn't resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭tech

i was in OZ for 6 weeks last year and evertime I logged in there the site was down. It looks like they bring it down most nights!!! crazy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If we start comparing websites to the O2 website, then we're all doomed. Any website compared to O2’s would come up trumps. Vodafone’s website has been slow/crap for years, so nothing new there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If we start comparing websites to the O2 website, then we're all doomed. Any website compared to O2’s would come up trumps. Vodafone’s website has been slow/crap for years, so nothing new there.

Something which would be far better than the o2 website:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Something which would be far better than the o2 website:
    I agree, that would be a great O2 website replacement. If you like, we could setup a business case and present it to O2 tomorrow? No doubt they'll love the idea! :cool:

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I agree, that would be a great O2 website replacement. If you like, we could setup a business case and present it to O2 tomorrow? No doubt they'll love the idea! :cool:

I'm sure they will. We can throw in the ginger kid to sweeten the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

There seems to have been upgrading work going on over the last few days as MyVF was constantly down. Unbilled calls has not been showing up data usage either for the last few days even though calls are present.

I also got a text message from Vf over the weekend telling me that I was using large amounts of roaming data for which I didn't have any add on. When I queried it, they said that it had been sent in error to "the wrong group". They seem to be all over the place in the last week or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

It's been down for me a lot too recently. Funnily enough it always seem to be when I either have no credit or very little credit!

Its back to the usual tricks for me tonight! Anyone else having problems?

I wish vodafone would either sort this or stop promoting the webtexts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

Yeah same problem here, cant check emails!!

When will they cop on???......

Anyone got an email address for Vodafone Ireland?I feel like emailing them to see what "upgrades " they're making because this is beginning to look like the 02 website saga. I'm sick of it! I'm half tempted to move to 02 as they seem to be doing alot for customers nowadays and their website has improved alot too. All those times I praised vodafone I'm not sure they deserve it now!!:D

See theres the catch....

You can follow the "contact us" links on their website and the click on "Email us". Guess what it requires you to sign in to your "My Vodafone" before you can email them!

Typical --- A**holes!

• Advertisement

Avns1s wrote: »
    See theres the catch....

You can follow the "contact us" links on their website and the click on "Email us". Guess what it requires you to sign in to your "My Vodafone" before you can email them!

Typical --- A**holes!

I know, I was hoping Random or Tom Dunne or someone would know the address, I know I emailed them from MY VODAFONE before but thats out of order!GRRR!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have been having massive problems with Meteor, it was also down and I couldn't access the free text -
    I wonder is it a ploy by them to make us send texts off our mobiles, therefore using up our quota, therefore paying for SMS

Well here we are agian tonight, more "essential upgrading" !!

FFS anyone contemplating Vodafone and who uses free text, take note!!

This is really annoying me, mainly because I don't notice any upgrades I emailed them during the week and this was the conversation:

Dear Vodafone,

I would like to know what are the upgrades to My Vodafone that have
    the sections, My Vodafone and Contact Us down as regularly as the 02
    website once was, Any time I go to log in now it says that My Vodafone
    is unavailable due to upgrades, I moved from 02 to vodafone to use a
    proper site but I'm thinking of moving back now that their site is up
    and running 90% of the time I use it(I have an 02 number too)

I would appreiciate a speedy reply before I take my custom of 087XXXXXXXX to another network as I feel 02 can offer me a
    better network than vodafone at present.

Yours,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Heres what I got back

Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for contacting us with your query. Due to unforseen
    technical difficulties we have had to begin making changes to out
    website. This should be resolved shortly. We apologise for any
    inconvience caused.

If you have any further queries, please call us on CallSave 1850 20
    87 87 between 08:00hrs to 22:00hrs and we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

inconvience

poor spelling :(

brendanuk wrote: »
    inconvience

poor spelling :(
    Yes I know a disgrace, Spell check should be installed in Vodafone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Haha personally never have used O2. Have been on Vodafone and Meteor and both are as tempormental as each other. Usually when its down its only down for a few minutes and worked than, thats how I found it anyways.
    ardmacha wrote: »
    Listen lads, compared to O2 the Vodafone website is exemplary, like comparing the TGV to the Sligo train.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kat B

Use your webtext through cabbage.
    I rarely have a problem that way.

Kat B wrote: »
    Use your webtext through cabbage.
    I rarely have a problem that way.

If the vodafone website is down cabbage won't work but if it's running very slowly it's possible that it would work through cabbage but not if you log in

edit:It's also possible that they sometimes just disable the web interface to the webtexts but the actual sending part still works and cabbage bypasses it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kat B

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    If the vodafone website is down cabbage won't work but if it's running very slowly it's possible that it would work through cabbage but not if you log in

edit:It's also possible that they sometimes just disable the web interface to the webtexts but the actual sending part still works and cabbage bypasses it

Ah that is a shame. I use cabbage all day at work and can honestly say I rarely have a problem.
    Ive probably jinxed myself now!

Advertisement