Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone website/webtext constantly down.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Kat B wrote: »
    Ah that is a shame. I use cabbage all day at work and can honestly say I rarely have a problem.
    Ive probably jinxed myself now!

hopefully not :)

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It's down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's down again.

Certainly is - whats the odds on it being down for the w/e at this stage! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

Yep, been having the same problem. Also bought credit on thursday, it wudnt accept it. Rang them, they said it wud take up to 24hrs to go through system!!! Of course it didnt, i rang them and they said their system was down since this afternoon. He said ' probably ' tomoro!!!! . There web page is crap and always has been! . Have they jumped in a time machine, with the dial set on back lol
    So in summary, i have no credit or web txts till maybe saturday. I will be phoning them then, im thinkin of 3 for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PaddyKnacker

Yeah I tried to use the top me up thing on my vodafone this afternoon and got the system maintenance thingy. Rang them, they said the system is down, and so are their internal systems. They couldn't do jack about it, and I urgently needed to send some credit!

The system is still down, rang them again and they said the same thing, the public services are down and so are their internal ones... geez it really shouldn't take more than 6 hours to get a business critical system back up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I changed from O2 to Vodafone on tue, had no phone since because your suppose to call 1741 to activate it, but that keeps telling me they are having technical problems, and i cant use the website to register.

Rang on wed at 5pm and they told me it would be done within an hour, here i am at 11pm on fri and i can register my phone to make calls.

Went into a Vodafone shop today and they gave me the number off the call centre as they cant check the porting packs you purchase online.

Pure useless, i was with O2 8 years and im sorry i changed.

Vodafone are dead to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It's up and down for about 15 minutes every 2/3 hours for the past few days.. I probably shouldn't be saying it but there has been a few database issues in the past few days that have been causing the website to slow to virtually a stand still. Instead of leaving logins active and frustrate the life out of people, they have been disabling logins. As logins were generally only disabled for interventions, the advisory messages says that it is down for maintenance.

It's probably won't cheer ye up too much but at least you have a better idea of what is actually happening. There is a possibility that it may be resolved tonight.

Incidently, the database probs are impacting other services as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

I probably shouldn't be saying it but

probably not! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Yep, been having the same problem. Also bought credit on thursday, it wudnt accept it.
    Had the same problem myself today, that's mainly why I tried to send a text from the vodafone site :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

It's probably won't cheer ye up too much but at least you have a better idea of what is actually happening. There is a possibility that it may be resolved tonight.

Hey thanks for the info. Hasnt been resloved yet. Does anybody know of any other large company like that , that cant handle a site issue within 12hrs?
    They could at least warn people on their front page about it. instead of me callin ....... oh wait, im being charged for the calls! Ah One door closes another one opens !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

what a rubbish service, im abroad, currently with 0 credit, i can neither top nor send a feckin web text, down tonight, down last night, down every fecking night, wouldnt want to be depending on the 'service', which i bloody am arrghhhh,wheres the damn redundancy solution? im sure O2 dont do this to their customers regularly

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

its a crock of s***e! The emails I got back from them were just as bad, very tempted to move to 02 and if I move to 02 the rest will follow, set the trend!:D

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    its a crock of s***e! The emails I got back from them were just as bad, very tempted to move to 02 and if I move to 02 the rest will follow, set the trend!:D
    Its made my phone useless, i cant contact anyone, grrr, do you know the mobile email address 08X.....@vodafone.ie no longer works

Im with you on changing, whats the point in having a phone i can neither text from,call from,recieve calls or texts now because i cant even login to top up or send texts

Its even more s**t than that, i send an email to 08X....@vodafone.ie

and got this( number removed for obvious resons ):
    This is the Vodafone Mail service.
    I'm afraid we were not able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; Your mail will not be sent.
    Please Note: e-merge.ie mails are no longer accepted by this service.
    Support for this domain expired in October 2003 and will not be restored.
    For further information please refer to http://www.vodafone.ie/e-merge/

<087......@vodafone.ie>:
    10.163.136.100 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 RCPT TO:<087......@vodafone.ie> User unknown
    Giving up on 10.163.136.100.

So i clicked on the e-merge link and got:
    Oops! Page not found.

Unfortunately, the page you requested /e-merge/ doesn't exist on our site.

We've recently changed our site, and some pages have been moved around. Or it's possible that you followed a broken link, or perhaps you mistyped the page address (URL).

Here are some things you can do to try to find the page you're looking for:

* If you typed the address for the page, check that you typed it correctly.
    * Use the navigation at the top of this page to look for similar information. You may want to start at the home page.
    * Search for the content using the search bar at the top of page.

If you came here through a broken link on this site or from an outside site, please let us know about it.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Its made my phone useless, i cant contact anyone, grrr, do you know the mobile email address 08X.....@vodafone.ie no longer works

Im with you on changing, whats the point in having a phone i can neither text from,call from,recieve calls or texts now because i cant even login to top up or send texts
    Major annoying. Beside the point but can you top up through Bank Of Ireland or AIB instead?

Major annoying. Beside the point but can you top up through Bank Of Ireland or AIB instead?
    excellent, forgot about that, i only changed from BOIplus to 365online last week and forgot about that as it wasnt on BOIplus, cheers for that

excellent, forgot about that, i only changed from BOIplus to 365online last week and forgot about that as it wasnt on BOIplus, cheers for that
    Glad to be of some assistance, I've emailed Vodafone there again, for the last time, but I think I'll be moving eitherway!

Glad to be of some assistance, I've emailed Vodafone there again, for the last time, but I think I'll be moving eitherway!
    Worked a treat :), I agree, crap service, simple as, will be keeping a close eye on this in the next few days, Meteor looks like a good option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

im sure O2 dont do this to their customers regularly

this is only 4 pages, o2's is much bigger
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055264946&page=10

brendanuk wrote: »

This is true. O2's website was diabolical for years, down every few days. The first I heard of problems with vodafone's website was this thread except for once last year when they overhauled the site and it was only down a day or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    This is true. O2's website was diabolical for years, down every few days. The first I heard of problems with vodafone's website was this thread except for once last year when they overhauled the site and it was only down a day or two

Vodafone have had problems with their website on and off for years. Back in 2005/2006, it was constantly up and down.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Vodafone have had problems with their website on and off for years. Back in 2005/2006, it was constantly up and down.

Fair enough I'll take your word for it :)

Site is down again tonight, got a reply from vodafone today saying:

Over the last few days we have been experiencing issues with the
    website and our systems on the helpdesk but this has now been
    resolved but we do reserve the right to take the website down at any
    time for general updates as stated in the T&C'S as listed below:

and a long long list of t&c as to vodafone -Vodafone may at any time and without liability modify, suspend or
    discontinue the Site or any Service with or without notice

Have to say there was no Sorry for the Inconvenience. Wasn't a happy bunny but I'm sure that more and more people will get annoyed if the site stays going up and down that they'll switch providers. I'd rather not port out I just want a proper WORKING website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Site is down again tonight, got a reply from vodafone today saying:

Over the last few days we have been experiencing issues with the
    website and our systems on the helpdesk but this has now been
    resolved but we do reserve the right to take the website down at any
    time for general updates as stated in the T&C'S as listed below:

and a long long list of t&c as to vodafone -Vodafone may at any time and without liability modify, suspend or
    discontinue the Site or any Service with or without notice

Have to say there was no Sorry for the Inconvenience. Wasn't a happy bunny but I'm sure that more and more people will get annoyed if the site stays going up and down that they'll switch providers. I'd rather not port out I just want a proper WORKING website!
    Why did they feel the need to quote T&C I wonder .. what was your email to them can I ask? Was it agressive or anythng? The email you got back seems very defensive.

Random wrote: »
    Why did they feel the need to quote T&C I wonder .. what was your email to them can I ask? Was it agressive or anythng? The email you got back seems very defensive.
    A tad agressive maybe:
    Any update on when vodafone will recommence a proper website service? Its down again each night for the last three, its really going beyond a joke!
    Have you any update as to when the site will be rectified? I have stayed with vodafone long enough and introduced vodafone to alot of friends, however I no longer see any reason to be "faithful/loyal" to vodafone anymore.

I was a tad annoyed:o having said that I could have said alot worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seems like a gmail answer :rolleyes:

Davy wrote: »
    Seems like a gmail answer :rolleyes:
    Gmail alright;)

Advertisement