Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police officer shot in Craigavon

• 09-03-2009 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

IS ANYONE WATCHING THE NEWS???

POLICEMAN IN CRAIGAVON SHOT & INJURED!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Crikey.

Here we go it seems.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sithlordm3

Crikey.

Here we go it seems.:mad:

I sincerely hope not - but obviously some wee sh1te from Lismore wants to make a name for themselves - mindless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

my heart goes out to the family of the officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

prob not the right place for this posting, if it is, please move. Just heard the UTV news, what is it with this place! That poor policeman's family must just have been told that they have lost their loved one....and it's on the news already! I despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

its terrible. my heart goes out to them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

As well does mine.

I really hope that this isn't the start of a new dark age for Northern Ireland. God be with the Police out there and both mine & my families thoughts are with the family of the officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

terrible news

it all seems to be kicking off over here again

thoughts are with the families

just makes me even more determined to get into this job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Scum Scum Scrum

My heart goes out to the officers family.

But as it has been said, it just makes me more determined to join the PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

This is a disgrace.

The scumbags behind this do not represent 99.999999999999999% of the people of Ireland.

Another family senselessly deprived of a loved one, another set of friends shattered, another group of workers morning a colleague.

A stain on society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Thoughts are with the family...i really hope this country isn't going back to the times of the past...as said above, just makes me more determined to do the job and not let these people win by scaring people which is what they aim to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

As a member of AGS, its always sad to hear of the death or serious injury of a colleague, regardless of which force they are a member of.

My thoughts to his family and colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

RIP to his family and colleagues. Murdering scum :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BanTownCop

:( sad news , i just saw on the news that the poor police man died. I culdnt beleive that the two soliders had been killed but now a police man as well ,, its disgusting, absolutly disgusting

Sad day for us all R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Canuck4PSNI

My Deepest thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the officer. Gods Speed to the PSNI on capturing those responsible for the recent events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

A dark 48 hours in Northern Ireland.

Deepest Sympathy to the family circle.:(

However, makes me more determined to get in there and do something, rather than sit on the sidelines and pontificate about it. We CANNOT and SHOULD NOT let these scumbags drag us back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

i just can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Absolutly awful, so so sad.

Deepest sympathy to the family and colleagues of the Officer.

Folks I have moved some of the posts now shown here from other threads just to keep them all together. Apologises if they are now a little muddled, ie Penis is no longer the first poster. Sorry, it slots them in chronologically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

my sympathies to the policemans familiy this should not be allowed start again nothing but pain and misery will be gained from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

why after 12 years of peace would anyone consider doing something like this. this country has moved on so much in that space of time, theres absolutely nothing to be gained by killing innocent members of the security forces. my condolences are with the families of those killed in the last two days, particularly those of the officer killed last night.RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

my thoughts are with the family at this time. theyre all a load of ****in idiots.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

What are they trying to achieve by this..it makes no sense killing innocent people...they will lose in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

My thoughts are with his family and colleagues. So senseless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

I have just read the Telegraphs interview with the policeman's widow, is heartbreaking. Poor family, I really hope that all of the madness that went before doesn't kick off again. My friends living over in the mainland know i have applied to get in to the PSNI, i have been bombarded with texts telling me not to even consider going ahead... even my own father is giving me the hard sell on not joining up (he is a retired security services member). I am not put off, as unnerving as it is to hear all of this awful, awful news, I want those scumbags behind bars!

joe1916 has been given a warning by me. Anymore inappropriate comments and tougher means will be applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I've banned him.

regi wrote: »
    I've banned him.

Cheers, i was in the process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fact unt

Unfortunately it takes some idiot to distract from the actual issue - my thoughts are with the family of the murdered officer. I hope like many others that this is isolated incidents and that the people responsible are brought to justice

Folks if you dont mind I am going to delete all messages related to that person from this thread. That includes your replies and any comments in which he has been quoted.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

There is always one eejit.

My thoughts are with the family and the colleagues of your fallen officer.

Some good news:
    A teenager was arrested today by detectives investigating the murder of a policeman in the North.

Constable Stephen Carroll, 48, was shot in the back of the head when a gunman fired through the rear window of his unmarked patrol car.

Police said an 18-year-old man had been detained in Craigavon, Co Armagh, where the officer became the first member of the PSNI to be murdered.

Dissident republicans of the Continuity IRA have claimed responsibility.

Constable Carroll’s devastated wife Kate said: “A good husband has been taken away from me and my life has been destroyed.”

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Thoughts also with family/friends/colleagues at this difficult time. Shocking news. Evil Murderers......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I am really diapointed.

I am of very republican believes and from Derry

How is any young nationalist that is thinking of joining the force going to think now!

What are these guys thinking.????

Do they want a predominately protestant police force again...

Please god dont let us go down the same road again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Feel so sorry for that mans family

What they are trying to achive is beyond me.

A man with 20 years of service to the community gets killed over some fairy tale ideolgy

Lets just hope the nation as a whole will not be divided if these attacks continue.

I hope this will not put off anybody in joining the PSNI in the future as it certilnly will not effect my own goal to one day become a member of the PSNI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

RIP, a sad day for this island as a whole.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

integra1 wrote: »
    Thoughts also with family/friends/colleagues at this difficult time. Shocking news. Evil Murderers......

This needs to be nipped in the bud asap, whatever it takes these low life scumbags who carried out these atrocities need to be taken out, either in a body bag (preferably) or locked up forever. Whether it takes internment without trial or hassling these murdering thugs 24/7, they cannot be allowed to destroy all of the good work of the last 12 years, so the authorities both North & South need to get on top of these b**tards now. May this brave officer RIP, and sincerest condolonces to his family, friends and colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

RIP Officer Stephen Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

They may be able to take lives but they will never be able to take away our pride in the PSNI. Can't believe that this happened. RIP Constable Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

Its terrible about what happened but good to see thats both sides of the community are pretty much united in their outrage at what has happened

anyone going to the silent protests tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

Officer Stephen Carroll RIP

senseless killing, no point to it at all, condolences to the familly he left behind and all his work collegues

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Troy Bayliss

To all those killed over the last few days condolences to their family and loved ones. Its fair to say there is no political mandate for this whatsoever and to quote DFM McGuniness they are Traitors to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sithlordm3

To all those killed over the last few days condolences to their family and loved ones. Its fair to say there is no political mandate for this whatsoever and to quote DFM McGuniness they are Traitors to Ireland.

Hats off to the Dep 1st Minister for his quote. (& I'm a non RC!)

Deepest condolences to the Carroll, Azimkar and Quinsey families.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/book-of-condolence---pay-your-tribute-14221501.html

I thought id add this wee link, many of us have shown our anger, sadness and expressed our condolences on the forum, so here is the chance to add your comments to the Belfast Telegraph's Book of Condolence.

Advertisement