Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port 8080 blocked?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to access the control panel for Digiweb's hosting service. It goes through port 8080. The address is http://cp.hosting.digiweb.ie:8080

Now, I could access this earlier today when I was in work. But, it won't work at home on my Eircom BB line... I'm getting a Network Timeout error.
    I got someone else to check who isn't on Eircom and it's working fine for them.

Anyone here have any idea what the problem is? Are Eircom blocking this?

If you have Eircom BB I'd be thankful if you could click the link and check if it loads and then report back here. You should just see a login page for the Digiweb control panel.

Thanks,

Dord :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Works with Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have Eircom BB, and I get a log-in screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

I'm with eircom and link works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Damn, must be my router settings or summit... :(

Any ideas? I'm using a Linksys WRT54GL (Tomato firmware) into a Linksys AM200... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Works fine for me, I'm even hosting a website on port 8080 of my home server on Eircom, click my sig.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Works fine for me, I'm even hosting a website on port 8080 of my home server on Eircom, click my sig.

Rub it in why don't ya!?! :pac:

It doesn't work for me... :(

Ok, I was doing some playing around and decided to see what would happen if I put my laptop in the DMZ. Well... it worked! so, now I need to figure out how to do it without putting my computer in the DMZ because thats for my PS3. :pac:

So, it's still not working properly but I've ruled out a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

eircom dont block ports...YET
    works for me ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Your firewall should "allow all" for outgoing. Security & NAT only needs inward ports blocked to forwarded specifically (i.e. people connecting to you).

• Advertisement
Advertisement