Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Police officer shot dead in Armagh

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

TomRooney wrote: »
    i said they should integrate, assimilate or vacate. that is not saying all unionists should leave Ireland, i believe every ethnic minority in Ireland should integrate, unionists are no different to the nigerians,polish and other ethnic minoritys here in Ireland.

So you believe that nigerians, polish should give up thier unique cultral identys, and blend into the irish culture. You ever considerd joining the BNP you and them would have alot in common, they even sell bobby sands cds and books so you should really feel right at home

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭TomRooney

junder wrote: »
    Dear me, seems you are the one gettng emontional, I have never murdered anybody in my life, moreover i am training as a officer and platton commander in prepartion for my tour of aghanistan in 2010 which does require a degree of interlect. Still for a regiment of no hopers we got fine welcome home and we were held in very high esteem by the US marines and others for our support in Afghan

to be honest i pity you, you got a welcome to the occupied territory from a gang of scum bags, they were visable for all to see on TV, all hoody wearing pot smoking wasters out for a fight, thats who welcomed you, you certainly were not welcomed by anybody from the nationalist community.

also i pity you because you have allowed yourself to be used as a pawn in the modern day colonialism of the US and britian, you are nothing but a number to them, and if you are shot and killed in Afghanistan you will be nothing but a fleeting memory and then forgoton by everyone except your family who will have to live on with the pain of losing a son, all because the british and the americans want to force there world view on people who have an ancient culture which will never be killed by bullets and bombs.

you are deluded if you think anything that happens in Iraq or afghanistan will change the world view of the people there, if anything it will highten there hatred of the western world and radicalise the youth.

So you believe that nigerians, polish should give up thier unique cultral identys, and blend into the irish culture. You ever considerd joining the BNP you and them would have alot in common, they even sell bobby sands cds and books so you should really feel right at home

look multi culturalism has been proven to be a failure, it has failed in england, france, netherlands, denmark and so on.

there is no way society can operate when there are isolated communitys and micro societys whitin the same state. it causes mistrust and paranoia leading to the breakdown of society.

so i take it you would be ok with saudi arabians living in the 6 countys practising sharia law...? dont be so short sighted with snide remarks in the hope of scoring cheap points, you know what i meant.

Oh right sorry my mistake, i did'nt realize you were inventing new loyalist groups

The name Red Branch Knights was used by a loyalist paramilitary group from Northern Ireland in September 1992 to claim responsibility for incendiary devices and a blast bomb left in a Dublin- based bank in Newtownabbey. Statements were sent to the media threatening action against anyone with political or economic links with the Republic of Ireland. They are not known to have been responsible for any casualties during the Troubles.[1]

the only person inventing reality around here is you, Rupert.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

there is no way society can operate when there are isolated communitys and micro societys whitin the same state. it causes mistrust and paranoia leading to the breakdown of society.

Indeed, West Belfast being a great example.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Indeed, West Belfast being a great example.

if you have nothing other than the odd snide remark to contribute, why dont you just do us a favour and stick your head up your ass and disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

[quote=TomRooney;

"your inbred hatred is evident in your humorous threat, but none the less pathetic, to claim your position is that of every unionists is nothing short of foolishness and ignorance of the highest accord."

Whereas your hatred (presumably not pathetic or inbred in your own mind-you could have fooled me) is evident in your humourless threats and impotent ranting.:p

"why would anyone deny the IRA had popular support on the international scene.."

Is that something to be proud of? Libya (crazy, unpredictable dictator),FARC (kidnappers and narco-traffickers), ETA(insane bitter-enders),GDR (decreipit stalinists) and Irish Americans (ignorant Darby O' Gill romanticists living in 1916). What wonderful allies! If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.

"as for Chuchulainn, to claim he is anything to do with the modern day unionism is complete tripe, he is a figure in IRISH mythology. "

Oh, Dear. No sense of humour or irony here I see.

" INLA
    RIRA
    CIRA
    PIRA
    IRSP
    IPLO
    thats a fine list of Republican freedom fighters you have there."

INLA or IPLO? Hmmm, I'm confused Would the "freedom fighters" include Dominic McGlinchey, his wife Mary who was shot dead bathing her children or the people who shot her. Or possibly all three. Puzzling.

"i said they should integrate, assimilate or vacate. that is not saying all unionists should leave Ireland,..."

Actually it is. It's "My Way or the highway" in other words. Same difference.

"all because the british and the americans want to force there world view on people who have an ancient culture which will never be killed by bullets and bombs."
    AND
    "so i take it you would be ok with saudi arabians living in the 6 countys practising sharia law...? "

Some contradiction here?? Would'nt Sharia law (amputating, decapitating, enslaving women...etc ) be part of this ancient culture? Or maybe its an import from foreign islamists who "want to force their world view " on somebody else. Which is it? Confused again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

if you have nothing other than the odd snide remark to contribute, why dont you just do us a favour and stick your head up your ass and disappear

TomRooney, you've been warned before. This kind of behaviour isn't acceptable. If you don't want to listen to anyone else, get a blog. Have a week to cool down. Reregistration will attract a permanent ban.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Actually there is a long reply to you on the last page looking for some more information to.
    The name Red Branch Knights was used by a loyalist paramilitary group from Northern Ireland in September 1992 to claim responsibility for incendiary devices and a blast bomb left in a Dublin- based bank in Newtownabbey. Statements were sent to the media threatening action against anyone with political or economic links with the Republic of Ireland. They are not known to have been responsible for any casualties during the Troubles.[1]

the only person inventing reality around here is you, Rupert.

Now, were have we seen gropus invented for single incidents and suddenly disappearing.

The more and more you go on Tom about loyalist groups, the more and more you point how similar they are to Republican groups.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

to be honest i pity you, you got a welcome to the occupied territory from a gang of scum bags, they were visable for all to see on TV, all hoody wearing pot smoking wasters out for a fight, thats who welcomed you, you certainly were not welcomed by anybody from the nationalist community.

also i pity you because you have allowed yourself to be used as a pawn in the modern day colonialism of the US and britian, you are nothing but a number to them, and if you are shot and killed in Afghanistan you will be nothing but a fleeting memory and then forgoton by everyone except your family who will have to live on with the pain of losing a son, all because the british and the americans want to force there world view on people who have an ancient culture which will never be killed by bullets and bombs.

you are deluded if you think anything that happens in Iraq or afghanistan will change the world view of the people there, if anything it will highten there hatred of the western world and radicalise the youth.

I was standing at the city hall, just behind were the familes of the men just returning from afghanistan were standing, did not see any of them wearing hoodies or smoking dope for that matter. As for being deluded, sadly its you thats living in the timewarp. The rest of the world is moving on, new relationships are being built old grivances are being put to rest. You can argue the toss about the GFA all you want, you can bitch about sinn fein going into government, complaign all you want about the PSNI it really makes no difference to thos of us who live in northern ireland. You should move up here for a while tnhen you can learn for yourself the real reason why the GFA came about its very simple really, the common everyday people of northern ireland be they protestants or catholics are sick to the back teeth of murder, tired of the riots, and just tired in general. Nobody except a few twisted yahoos ever want to go back to the troubles, your "list of Republican freedom fighters" in the RIRA and CIRA are the past.

• Advertisement

Soldier Mark Quinsey murder: Real IRA threaten more killings
    THE Irish terror group who claimed they killed Birmingham soldier Mark Quinsey are threatening the lives of other young squaddies.

Hardline dissidents the Real IRA have issued a chilling warning to soldiers that they would “take them out” if they continued to serve in Northern Ireland.

The group branded Northern-Irish born squaddies as “legitimate targets” because of ongoing searches in border counties for dissident republican weapons.

A spokesman for the group said: “Just like the Catholic police officers who joined the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) these soldiers are traitors to the republican cause.

“If they get in our way or try to disrupt our campaign by co-operating with the British war machine then we will take them out.

“Our war has always been with Britain but if there are soldiers from the north who are collaborating with them they better be careful.”

Mark Quinsey, who served as a Sapper with the 38 Engineer Regiment, was shot down outside Massereene Barracks in Antrim as he collected a pizza delivery on March 7.

His comrade Sapper Patrick Azimkar, 21, was also killed as the murderers fired 60 bullets at the pair hours before they were due to leave for Afghanistan.

The terror group also singled out the pizza delivery men who were also shot at on the night of Mark’s murder.

The spokesman added: “The police pizza delivery men in Antrim were legitimate targets because they were helping with an army of occupation and the same will go for anyone else - no matter where they come from.”

Last night 23-year-old Mark’s sister Jaime, from Highters Heath, said of the threats made by the Real IRA: “What is wrong with them?

“Do they think they have a right to play god with people’s lives? These soldiers are like my brother, they are just trying to doing their job.”

Jaime, 25, added that she couldn’t understand why the terror group, who were also responsible for the 1998 Omagh bombings, would want to threaten to kill innocent people.

“I was at school when this was all going on so I don’t really understand why they are doing this,” she said.

“I think its really strange we have these people would want to kill innocent people and risk their freedom just to prove a point that people don’t agree with.”

The murders of Jaime’s younger brother Mark and his comrade Patrick Azimkar sparked fear and outrage across Northern Ireland.

A 19-year-old man who was arrested in connection with the murders was released on police bail on Friday.

Prominent dissident republican Colin Duffy appeared in court also accused of the murders on March 27.

Jaime said that both she and her parents Billie, 60, and Pamela, 47, were still struggling to come to terms with her brother’s death.

“When it happened everyone was around to check if we were all right,” she said.

“As the weeks go on, people get back to normal but it is too hard for me to do that. Life goes on but it is hard for me to for me to forget things. My brother is never going to come back.

“My mum cries and there is nothing I can say to make her feel better.”

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/t...7319-23319539/

“Just like the Catholic police officers who joined the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) these soldiers are traitors to the republican cause.

Sectarianism, pure and simple.

"A spokesman for the group said: “Just like the Catholic police officers who joined the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) these soldiers are traitors to the republican cause."

Exactly. Notice the way they say "just like the catholic police officers...." Assuming that every Catholic must be a nationalist by definition and is obliged to support the "cause".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Soldier Mark Quinsey murder: Real IRA threaten more killings
    THE Irish terror group who claimed they killed Birmingham soldier Mark Quinsey are threatening the lives of other young squaddies.

Hardline dissidents the Real IRA have issued a chilling warning to soldiers that they would “take them out” if they continued to serve in Northern Ireland.

the RIRA and CIRA are the past.

One minute you say they are past, now you're saying their threatening to kill more, which one is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

One minute you say they are past, now you're saying their threatening to kill more, which one is it?

They're dinosaurs. They should be extinct, they just haven't got the message that the rest of us left this tiny minority behind over a decade ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

ilkhanid wrote: »
    "A spokesman for the group said: “Just like the Catholic police officers who joined the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) these soldiers are traitors to the republican cause."

Exactly. Notice the way thay say "just like the catholic police officers...." Assuming that every Catholic must be a nationalist by definition and is obliged to support the "cause".

+1 It's a load of bollox, if you ask me.....coming from the same type of people (and there were examples earlier in the thread) who excuse their hatred of the PSNI by saying that it's unrepresentative because there are only so-many percent of them Catholic.

Is it any wonder that that's the case, when any right-minded Catholic wanting to progress from the dark ages and do their bit and ensure inclusivity is branded a traitor ? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind being branded a traitor (or anything else) by a biased, sectarian idiot, but if that idiot is deluded and has access to guns and is likely to attack me or my family for it, then it's no wonder that there isn't a bigger percentage of Catholics joining ?

Once again, idiotic double-standards; they can EITHER complain about the percentages OR claim that people joining are traitors, but not both, FFS!

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I wouldn't mind being branded a traitor (or anything else) by a biased, sectarian idiot...

Actually, I'd consider it an honour if these fools were enraged by me....as long as thsy didn't know where I lived, of course

Advertisement