Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

353 Car Hire---AVOID!!!!!

Options
  • 10-03-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi I have joined boards.ie to warn others not to use 353 car hire rental. They have companies in Dublin, Knock, cork and Shannon airports. I pre-booked a vehicle a week before my family were due to pick the car up at Dublin airport. When my family arrived to pick up the car they had various problems. Now I booked the vehicle through Argus car hire (trawler) I read all the terms and conditions that I was faced with when making the booking. Anyways when my family got to the desk in Dublin they were told that they had to put down a 1200euros excess, which the terms and conditions said that this was included in the insurance taken out when booking the vehicle. I also phoned 353 car hire to ask weather there were any other charges when my family pick up there car and they replied no. As my family weren't rich and were facing hard times they couldn't put down the 1200euros excess, so because they didn't have this they couldn't take the car away. The woman behind the desk was going to leave them stranded in Dublin Airport. I ask to speak to a manager and she said there wasn't one on duty. (that was a lie will tell you about that later on) I had my mum asking for help so was pasted over to the person on reception and said that could I put down the 1200euros excess ( last option was angry!!!!!) and she replied no because it has to be the driver of the car card. Which on there terms and conditions online states that as long as the driver is there you can pay by any card, which my dad was.

So my family had no choice but to rebook another car company who matched the price to get them on there way. Budget car hire which ok they were stuck for a car but it was filthy inside and a state. but hats of to them they helped us out.

So my family couldn't use the services of car hire due to 353's car hire negligence. After my family went back I complained to the Managing Director of 353 car hire who two days later phoned me to apologies and to get the car trawler to refund my dad his money and he was to write us a apologie letter and offered my family a upgrade if we used them again (which we wont) which is equivalent to 7euros!!! 1 per day to upgrade. He also said that a manager is available up to 12pm at night to deal with problems and that he would of seen my family through with the car and there would of been no problems. So the woman on the desk was a liar!!! This phone call was on the 27th of Feb 09 and it has now been a week and I haven't heard from the managing direct. I phoned today and he was not available after two calls. I contacted car trawler who have no records of a refund on there system. I am due a phone call tomorrow morning but not holding my breath I will keep phoning them tomorrow to find out why he hasn't been in contact. It sounds fishy but have the owner on a recorded phone call stating he would get my dad a refund as there are to many companies out there taking the piss!!!!!

I would avoid this company. They are cheap for a reason. A- The big excess on top when picking the vehicle up. B- No unlimited mileage. C- You are charged for a full tank of fuel at 75euros which many cars hold less. D- Customer service is shocking.

I could go on but you get the message! Stay well clear!!!

Advertisement