Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal car crash in Newrath

• 10-03-2009 1:12am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just came upon a car crash up outside Waterford Golf Club, road is closed off and emergency services are all in attendance.

One confirmed dead by member of one of the crew in attendance. Looked to be a single car involved.

May he or she RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i dread hearing about these things, espcially when they're local. this might sound bad but i'm always worried its someone i might know.
    i feel sorry for the family and friends of the person involved, hope they'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

i think a lot of people get like that to be honest cos you just never know.

That's awful though R.I.P:(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wlr have comfirmed that it was a male who was killed when his car hit a tree close to the entrance to the Golf club. The Rockshire road is closed from the entrance to the hollybrock estate up to the roundabout at the top of Newrath. The road is expected to remain closed until 2pm this afternoon.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Man killed in Waterford road crash
    Tuesday, 10 March 2009 11:31

A man has been killed in a road crash in Co Waterford.

The victim, who is believed to be in his mid 30s, died when his car hit a tree at Newrath in Ferrybank.

Gardaí say nobody else was injured.

The crash happened at around 11pm last night.

The Rockshire road has been closed to allow the scene of the crash to be technically examined and diversions are in place.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0310/rta.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It's very sad. You get in your car, and you know where you're going and what you plan to do when you get there. Sadly, some never get there...

You just never know, do you.

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement