Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router signal confusion?>!?!

• 10-03-2009 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a wireless router - its a netgearWGR614 and it works well delivering signal round the house to my laptop.

However, my nokia95 mobile cannot pick it up. I've tried many times to get it to connect but nothing. When I scan for a signal on my phone, its does'nt even "see" it. When out and about, I use my phone all the time for surfing in free wifi hotspots so it works.
    I went into the router to see if it was a Broadcasts issue and these are the settings -

Advanced Wireless Settings

Wireless Router Settings
    Enable Wireless Router Radio - ENABLED
    Enable SSID Broadcast - ENABLED
    Enable WMM - ENABLED
    Fragmentation Threshold (256 - 2346):
    CTS/RTS Threshold (1 - 2347):
    Preamble Mode

Can anyone shed any light on whats wrong and what i need to do?:)
    Thanks!

NIF:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What channel is your router's wireless set to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Alun wrote: »
    What channel is your router's wireless set to?

errmmm, good question? how do I determine that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Should be in the wireless setup part of the router's configuration somewhere. Alternatively your laptop's wireless software may well show it if you scan for networks.

The reason I'm asking is that in the US only channels 1-11 are usable, whereas here in Europe it's 1-13. A lot of equipment, even that sold in Europe, is sometimes incapable of seeing anything above channel 11, or needs a software update or a setting changed somewhere to make that possible. So if your router is set to, say, channel 13, it's possible that your N95, won't be seeing it. Your options are either to set the router to a different channel, or to try and get your N95 to recognise channels over 11.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

http://192.168.0.1 should take you into the wireless router settings. (that should be on the bottom of the router incidentally) Then look for wireless on the left hand side and that should reveal the channel no.

Advertisement