Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this bitchin' Nokia 5110 mod

• 10-03-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

N5110_3xaa_2.jpg

found it while looking for something completely different (not pr0n). but tis a good idea, would love to see someone try it on the iPhone with AAA's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

towel401 wrote: »
    N5110_3xaa_2.jpg

found it while looking for something completely different (not pr0n). but tis a good idea, would love to see someone try it on the iPhone with AAA's
    Dont believe you.Why else would you be lookin for something thick,black and vibrating that takes AA batteries :pac:

On topic; Itd work for this but the iphone would eat it (think game boy/game gear)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

my 5110 didnt vibrate back in the day. I missed out on the joys of a vibrating 5110 when i was a child. There was a special vibrating battery for it but no place ever sold em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I heard they were about £80 (Irish punts) back in the day. I knew someone who had one of the vibrating batteries for their 5110 and, at the time, it was the coolest thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is it just me or what the hell are you talking about? Is something not loading for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ah my first mobile phone..looking back now the fcuking thing was huge..
    remember i could put nothing else in my pockets or I had to put it in my back pocket and remember it to take it down when I sat down..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I can see the image now, wasn't loading earlier for some reason. Love the mod :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Kinda reminds me of an old 088 Motorola I had
    Could take 4 AA's in it to power it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This reminds me, I've a fully working (aside from the dead battery) motorola startac 70 at home. Might be interesting to see if I can rig up an AA battery pack. I loved that phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement