Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Measles

Options
  • 10-03-2009 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

My 23 month old got measles last week even do she had all her vaccinations?
    Anyone have a similar experience?
    Child is over them now it was not big deal just found it curious that she got them in the first place,her twin brother did not get them at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My first son got measles when he was 15/16 months old, he had the vaccination when he was 12 months old. He just wanted to be held for 2 or 3 days then he seemed to get over it ok without any complications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My husband's cousin in the US got the measles despite having been given the MMR. It was explained to his mother at the time the MMR only gives 85% immunity. That was 30 years ago, not sure what the percentage is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

my 4 year old got them recently even though he had his MMR, my other little fella who hadnt got his MMR never got them lol.... Its really a game of chance isnt it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My little sister has the measles at the moment and another child in the family. they were both vaccinated.

I'm worried i'm going to get them because I have never been vaccinated against them. eeeeeeeekkk!!

Advertisement