Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurleys for the lads

Options
  • 10-03-2009 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all, Been in Sydney 2 months and haven't been able to get my hands on a couple of hurleys. Would take any kind of bet up lookin shticks as tis only for a few pucks of a sunday. I'll get a sliothar sent from home. Any one got any spare hurleys!!?? Thanks in advance.
    tk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

cant help sorry

I heard a story once of two lads having a puck in central park

On the way home on of them approached by a guy with a knife who wanted his wallet bag etc.

He grabbed the hurl and proceeded to go at the attacker. Just as the police arrived and in true NY style pounced on everyone.

Luckily a witness saw everything and explianed to the cops.

That the mugger was the guilty party. In his words

"That guy had a knife but this guy beat the sh!t of of him with the biggest goddamn wooden spoon I ever saw"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

lol at the wooden spoon :D

ive got three hurleys over here, but had to bring them over myself.

can't imagine there being any retail over here for them, given they're difficult to find outside GAAs and elverys back home (ie, not even usually in champion/lifestyle sports shops)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

There's an idea ... import GAA jerseys and over Xmas and Paddys

You'll make a fortune at Coogee/Bondi/Scruffys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Have you contacted any of the GAA clubs over here? They should be able to sort you out

Advertisement