Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 remind me of Australia

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed this? I turn on a U2 record and it's suggestive of Australia. Weird that. Just thought I'd share. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fuck sake, I move to Australia and now someone is comparing it to those cunts.

Time for another move so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Is australia the most overrated country in the world with a short arse prat for a "leader".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

seanybiker wrote: »
    Is australia the most overrated country in the world with a short arse prat for a "leader".

You're almost correct but unfortunately John Howard is no longer PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Renny

Son...wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

seanybiker wrote: »

Hey Seanybiker do ya want your go boi?? I meet ya over in witches lane! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

It might have something to do with a U2 vid or something.

But when I have hear songs off the Joshua Tree or Achtung I'm transported mentally to Sydney or Melbourne.

Maybe it's just because Aussies love U2.

Maybe bonos thinking of f*cking off there seen as the work going saving the world is dryin up..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thread reported.

dunno about australia but u2 are about as alt/indie as my left testicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,572 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I thought saying "thread reported" was back seat modding??

well if it is, i'll suffer the consequences, i wasn't aware that it was.

• Advertisement

well if it is, i'll suffer the consequences, i wasn't aware that it was.

Thread reported? For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

In God's Country makes me think of the Outback for some reason. All that talk of Desert Skies. Other than that, um, no.

Affable wrote: »
    Thread reported? For what?
    erm because U2 are not and never will be Alt/Indie where you posted this first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

erm because U2 are not and never will be Alt/Indie where you posted this first.

Zooropa? Achtung Baby?

In God's Country makes me think of the Outback for some reason. All that talk of Desert Skies. Other than that, um, no.

Guess I must be weird in this way. Myabe it's cos I link them to INXS. :eek:

So, boards.ie, where do they remind you of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You're almost correct but unfortunately John Howard is no longer PM.
    yeah, now it's just the one who swears during interviews:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭mosstin

Remind me of Oz too - enormous and utterly empty in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

This makes me laugh abit cos ask anyone here in Ireland? and nobody likes U2..they put on a gig? it sells out in seconds..But there's a golden rule-to the OP-irish people become more Irish the further away from home they are. you probably wouldn't listen to U2 while here at home but apply the rule & it makes sense :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They remind me of Holland for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

in fairness they all pay their own income tax in this country which is still more than any of us ever will. the business tax has moved not the personal stuff.
    They still contribute huge amounts here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

in fairness they all pay their own income tax in this country which is still more than any of us ever will. the business tax has moved not the personal stuff.
    They still contribute huge amounts here.

Actually, they remind me of Holland because their music is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This makes me laugh abit cos ask anyone here in Ireland? and nobody likes U2..they put on a gig? it sells out in seconds..But there's a golden rule-to the OP-irish people become more Irish the further away from home they are. you probably wouldn't listen to U2 while here at home but apply the rule & it makes sense :)

Quoted for truth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

maybe its because they were getting really famous around the latter half of the 80s when the Australia craze was in full swing, started off by Crocodile Dundee and ending sometime after Young Einstein.

maybe its because they were getting really famous around the latter half of the 80s when the Australia craze was in full swing, started off by Crocodile Dundee and ending sometime after Young Einstein.

Or maybe it's just cos the Aussie I've met have all liked U2. I think it is the INXS thing though. INXS are Aussies and sound like U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

U2 as a "business" are a multi national corporation. Like most corporations, they are run in the most tax efficent way possible.

Didn't the Irish introduce tax schemes to attract companies from their home nation to Ireland in the late eighties through the ninties? wasn't that one of the reasons for our economic boom? were all you people complaining then?

ps: their music isnt flat. say you dont like it or whatever, but it ain't flat. your joke was ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Great oul buzz in Hyde Park Sydney at the Paddys Day celebrations rockin off to an animal U2 tribute band.

Made better by the fact I was effectively seeing U2 live witghout giving money to that cock Bono.

shane86 wrote: »
    Made better by the fact I was effectively seeing U2 live witghout giving money to that cock Bono.

No, you were seeing a few wannabes trying to be U2.
    There's somewhat of a difference there. ;)

I used to be cynical about the Africa thing. But now I'm on board with it.
    I'll let the boys know about it.

Glassheart wrote: »
    Zooropa? Achtung Baby?

Screw Zooropa and Achtung Baby, they're not alternative. If you want to hear "alternative" U2, try the finding a copy of their early demos, i think itunes have it, all the stuff that was recorded pre Boy.

That would be considered Alternative U2, but other than that, forget it. Boy would have fallen into that category but Steve Lillywhite went a little on the overkill side as far as production goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Screw Zooropa and Achtung Baby, they're not alternative.

They are actually.

Advertisement