Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chuck Norris starts American Revolution!!!

• 10-03-2009 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I thought this was a joke when I first read it. With all the Norris jokes circulating the web its a bit apt that he's the one taking on the US government.

I really hope it works out for him:

Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government

Ron Moore
    Examiner.com
    March 9, 2009

Editor’s note: The following article is an example of how far we have drifted from our constitutional principles in this country. The author of this article seems to think reclaiming the country in the name of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a “right wing” concept. If we follow this logic, then, the left wing wants tyranny, dictatorship, and a police state. In fact, it seems Chuck Norris is moving away from the Republican party — in his article on WND, linked below, he actually claims there is little difference between the two parties — and is calling for a Second American Revolution. If this is “right wing,” count me in.
    The call by some right wing leaders for rebellion and for the military to refuse the commander in chief’s orders is joined by Chuck Norris who claims that thousands of right wing cell groups have organized and are ready for a second American Revolution. During an appearance on the Glen Beck radio show he promised that if things get any worse from his point of view he may “run for president of Texas.” The martial artist/actor/activist claims that Texas was never formally a part of the United States in the first place and that if rebellion is to come through secession Texas would lead the way.

Today in his syndicated column on WorldNetDaily Norris reiterates the point: “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”
    He continues; calling on a second American Revolution; “…we’ve bastardized the First Amendment, reinterpreted America’s religious history and secularized our society until we ooze skepticism and circumvent religion on every level of public and private life.
    How much more will Americans take? When will enough be enough? And, when that time comes, will our leaders finally listen or will history need to record a second American Revolution? We the people have the authority according to America’s Declaration of Independence, which states: That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…”
    Norris claims that; “Thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation.” The right wing cells will meet during a live telecast, "We Surround Them," on Friday March 13 at 5 p.m.
    He closes with the words of Sam Houston followed by a plug for his next martial arts event.
    “We view ourselves on the eve of battle."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well I doubt he will be kicking ass this time around.:pac:
    But fair play to him if he does go up against the US "satan" government. full of hard line mafia/thugs/freemasons and what not.

Though I have to say, Chuck Norris to me, is not striking, I seriously doubt he would know much about the world other than his own country.

If you asked him why did they invade iraq, he would say terrorists.

Am I wrong, he just doesn't seem worldy intellegent, Hes a cowboy ffs. Infact he looks silly to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mysterious wrote: »
    Well I doubt he will be kicking ass this time around.:pac:
    But fair play to him if he does go up against the US "satan" government. full of hard line mafia/thugs/freemasons and what not.

Though I have to say, Chuck Norris to me, is not striking, I seriously doubt he would know much about the world other than his own country.

If you asked him why did they invade iraq, he would say terrorists.

Am I wrong, he just doesn't seem worldy intellegent, Hes a cowboy ffs. Infact he looks silly to me.

Sorry but what do you know about him other than how he is put across by the media that you dont trust in the first place? Seriously, to presume something about someone like that is very closed minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

They are still bitter over the whole slavery thing. Now they have a black prez, they are going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Chuck Norris doesn't start revoultions. Chuck Norris finishes them.

6th wrote: »
    Sorry but what do you know about him other than how he is put across by the media that you dont trust in the first place? Seriously, to presume something about someone like that is very closed minded.

I study other aspects before I reach my conclusions.
    I/ve watched his shows, movies, stuff for years. My Dad is a huge fan of his. I've also known he has been as this upheaval of overthrowing the government for a few years now. Alot of people said he's doing it for publicity and it shows, as he really doesn't have any power other than a fan base to help him. I can pick up ques from people, by how they come accross and what they say and what their body language tells me. 70% of what I see in a person is non verbal :P The statistics say that is where you most of the communications comes from. It's sad people are not aware of this simple technique. I use it though.

I just don't see him being sucessful at pulling this off, and I still hold by my belief that he isn't that worldy knowledgable. he's smart, but just doesnt have the will or power to fufill this goal.

Yeah that's my opinion.
    6th this is actually old news, I have seen this trash on other C.T forums, about Chuck Norris, same things were said last year on these threads. He hasn't actually hasn't made any significant progress.

It's becoming much more of a publicity stunt.

• Advertisement

I study other aspects before I reach my conclusions.
    I/ve watched his shows, movies, stuff for years. My Dad is a huge fan of his. I've also known he has been as this upheaval of overthrowing the government for a few years now. Alot of people said he's doing it for publicity and it shows, as he really doesn't have any power other than a fan base to help him. I can pick up ques from people, by how they come accross and what they say and what their body language tells me.

I just don't see him being sucessful at pulling this off, and I still hold by my belief that he isn't that worldy knowledgable. he's smart, but just doesnt have the will or power to fufill this goal.

Yeah that's my opinion.

He has people who listen to him? Surely thats mre than you or I have? He's in a better situation to make a difference than you or me then?

He hasn't actually hasn't made any significant progress.

Have you? have I? And I dont mean progress with ourselves but with the world and helping others?

They are still bitter over the whole slavery thing. Now they have a black prez, they are going mad.

Thats why Obama is in office, to create this whole divide, racism, balony, controversary, is there any other word to describe the obviousness of it.

Another thing that really bugs me, is people still going on about slavery.:mad: I swear I've actually just gone to a stage of completely boycotting those threads or anyone who goes on about it. Its PAST. You can't change it, get over it and move on.

Alot of black people in America are screaming this "victim card" One black American told me recently since all this Obama controversary has gone on, am I not surprised, I knew this **** would start once he took office, But onto my point. He said this, White people created slavery

What do you know, but the thread, turned into a war game. The rich government neo cons, sat back and watched the sheeple, dividing and figthing all over again.:rolleyes:

But I had the last word, I said to this black man, well if white man created slavery for blacks, then can you explain, why our Irish neighbours Britain took slavery upon we Irish white people

He ignored my point. But it became obvious they were dis info/government agents, spewing this crap to create all this fights again.

IMO most American's have no idea whats going on within their own country, as they are so confused, lost, divided, bitter, anger and unaware of whats REALLY going on this planet never mind their own country.

Chuck Norris would NOT be this aware I'm afraid.

Have you? have I? And I dont mean progress with ourselves but with the world and helping others?

All I'm saying, it just seems more like a publicity stunt. I just don't "see" him doing it.

JFK was shot for trying.
    Ron paul, is actually very brave to challenge this £US satan run government" Even they think he is about as threatening as a rabbit.

If I was in America, believe me, I would not make myself appear quiet. I would be arresseted for sure.

If I was in America, believe me, I would not make myself appear quiet. I would be arresseted for sure.

Does Ireland not have any problems you could be fighting?

• Advertisement

Does Ireland not have any problems you could be fighting?
    Fighting? You don't need to fight to bring about change.

I bring about change everyday. Most of it subtle. BTW. I'm already making a case about flouride, to my local region. I have my agendas. but again none of you know me, to know what I'm actually creating.

Fighting? You don't need to fight to bring about change.

I bring about change everyday. Most of it subtle. BTW. I'm already making a case about flouride, to my local region. I have my agendas. but again none of you know me, to know what I'm actually creating.

Fighting was a bad choice of words.

Chuck gets the thumbs up from me.

Thats why Obama is in office, to create this whole divide, racism, balony, controversary, is there any other word to describe the obviousness of it.

Another thing that really bugs me, is people still going on about slavery.:mad: I swear I've actually just gone to a stage of completely boycotting those threads or anyone who goes on about it. Its PAST. You can't change it, get over it and move on.

Alot of black people in America are screaming this "victim card" One black American told me recently since all this Obama controversary has gone on, am I not surprised, I knew this **** would start once he took office, But onto my point. He said this, White people created slavery

What do you know, but the thread, turned into a war game. The rich government neo cons, sat back and watched the sheeple, dividing and figthing all over again.:rolleyes:

But I had the last word, I said to this black man, well if white man created slavery for blacks, then can you explain, why our Irish neighbours Britain took slavery upon we Irish white people

He ignored my point. But it became obvious they were dis info/government agents, spewing this crap to create all this fights again.

IMO most American's have no idea whats going on within their own country, as they are so confused, lost, divided, bitter, anger and unaware of whats REALLY going on this planet never mind their own country.

Chuck Norris would NOT be this aware I'm afraid.

I wasn't suggesting any of what you are on about here.

It made me laugh though.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

beware of false prophets and all that jazz.

Chuck may not all that he seems. Seems to me to be a shill. He claims that evolution is false and other such craziness. Patriot?

Here is with with Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. Huckabee is a Christian Zionist and a rapturist.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiV8eJG7paE

Look up his views on what should be done with Palestine, amounts to ethnic cleansing.

He is a spokesperson for the corrupt United Way
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E1D71E3FF930A3575AC0A9649C8B63

And here is info about the people behind Worldnet Daily where he writes.
    http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2007/wndbackers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

Originally Posted by mysterious

That's a very weak statement in my opinion. Why haven't you been arrested for defending the Irish constitution from an overpowering Lisbon Treaty? Why haven't you been arrested for motioning the removal of fluoride from our waters? Why haven't you been arrested for reprimanding corrupt bankers tarnishing our economy? Why haven't you been arrested for intercepting the removal of vital food additives in compliance with Codex Alimentarius?

As a believer in conspiracy theories surely all of these questions should bring to mind Ireland for you and not just the States.

Why aren't you sharing your activism with the forum? You could progress your endeavours from a local to national front. Genuine individuals around here would be glad to lend a hand.

My gut instincts were right, Thanks for the links Sofa king. I really should stick to my guts instincts on things.

My gut instincts were right, Thanks for the links Sofa king. I really should stick to my guts instincts on things.

So let me get this right, you are going to go along with links on the internet posted by someone you dont know? Why? Because they fit in wuith what you believe?

So let me get this right, you are going to go along with links on the internet posted by someone you dont know? Why? Because they fit in wuith what you believe?

Do you not think that what he says is right "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it" maybe if he was a nobody, then you'd believe him?

No.... I'm just seeing more evidence to validate what my gut instincts and my own evidence suggested.

I've read other threads on Chuck Norris, He's been saying this stuff for alon time now. Nothing new here, It's really really old news with him. Hes a celebrity with no fame now. It's a publictiy stunt.

It's like Al gore with his Global warming baloney. I mean seriosuly do I have to argue about Chunk Norris with you for the love of christ.:D.....

I've read other threads on Chuck Norris, He's been saying this stuff for alon time now. Nothing new here, It's really really old news with him. Hes a celebrity with no fame now. It's a publictiy stunt.

Lots of people have been saying stuff for a long time now. So is there a time frame that you have to make changes in before you're written off? How long more do you have before we can write you off in the same manner?

• Advertisement

I mean seriosuly do I have to argue about Chunk Norris with you for the love of christ.:D.....

No you dont. But seeing as this is a discussion forum and he's the topic you have the choice to discuss it or not post.

No you dont. But seeing as this is a discussion forum and he's the topic you have the choice to discuss it or not post.
    Okey dokey.

Can I ask you this, now i want your opinion. Cus to me he anti government stuff is as real as barney about fly.

Do you think he could name three cites in France off guard. Seriously. He goes around with a cowboy hat and blabs against the government and he has no real fame. It's nothing but hilarious to still see threads on this.

on ATS there were threads dicussed about him, it's nothing different to now. Infact there is actually no actual action from him since last year. Other than appearing on cable news spewing more anti governments.

With I just have to add, with his cowboy hat. It's so fricken redicoulous, I don't think I will give more of my time to this thread.

Okey dokey.

Can I ask you this, now i want your opinion. Cus to me he anti government stuff is as real as barney about fly.

Do you think he could name three cites in France off guard.

So we should judge people based on their level of education?
    1) to presume he couldnt says more about how you preconceive people than anything about him.
    2) should we judge you based on the dreadful use of grammar and poor spelling?
    Seriously. He goes around with a cowboy hat and blabs against the government and he has no real fame. It's nothing but hilarious to still see threads on this.

on ATS there were threads dicussed about him, it's nothing different to now. Infact there is actually no actual action from him since last year. Other than appearing on cable news spewing more anti governments.

With I just have to add, with his cowboy hat. It's so fricken redicoulous, I don't think I will give more of my time to this thread.

Please dont give any more time to it. All I see is someone with a superiority complex who judges people on what they wear.

Seriously, you point out about his hat so much. Do you really think that matters?

So we should judge people based on their level of education?
    1) to presume he couldnt says more about how you preconceive people than anything about him.
    2) should we judge you based on the dreadful use of grammar and poor spelling?

Please dont give any more time to it. All I see is someone with a superiority complex who judges people on what they wear.

Seriously, you point out about his hat so much. Do you really think that matters?

No but I did ask you a question, do you think he could name 3 cities within France off guard. I just asked out of curoisty.

Btw my spelling is sometimes not great, cus I just type pretty fast and due to no reading over what I wrote:D

any long essay i've written, I've done it in less than two minutes. I type as my mind projects it.

No but I did ask you a question, do you think he could name 3 cities within France off guard. I just asked out of curoisty

I didnt answer because I think the question is stupid. You think answering a question that we can not possibly answer with any certainty means something? Thank you.

I didnt answer because I think the question is stupid. You think answering a question that we can not possibly answer with any certainty means something? Thank you.

I was curious to your position and opinion. Why is it stupid, cus the answer maybe obvious.

Think this thread is dead enough as it is. Self explanetary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this just in
    In a bizzare twist, possibly prompted by a mysterious intenet poster

Martial Arts Expert, Texan Libertarian and TV Star, Chuck Norris has decided to name 3 French towns

Paris is now to be called Stetson after his favourite hat

Callais will now be referred to as Roundhouse in honour of his legendary and AWESOME signature move, the roundhouse Kick

the City of Bonn will forever more be called Bluebonnet because it was his mothers favourite flower

Chuck has also sent memo's to the citys of
    Nice
    Lyon
    and
    Cannes

stating that they had better learn how to pronounce their names properly or there would be trouble.

When informed later that the City of Bonn was in fact in the State of Germany chuck responded by Saying

'If I say its in France it better God Damm be in France'

in other news Today

the largest Earthmoving project of all time began little more than an hour ago, due to unforseen circumstancse an Historic French City has began to sink into the Seine, earthworks are being shored up at the moment in a bid to halt this unprecedented erosion, issues arising around the requirements of such a vast amount of landfill have been resolved, the Fill is to be imported from a Barren and unused area of land in Central Germany.

City officials expect it to be completed in time for Chuck Norris' official state Visit next Tuesday.

Boatists on the Seine are advised to not be alarmed at the amount of bulldozers currently active around 25 mile East of Stetson, located at the historic French city of Bluebonnet, these are just scheduled maintenance and will all be sorted out within the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its so funny that they start bitching about america now, see glenn beck crying on tv, bitching about civil rights lol

:pac:

There's always room on my plate for a little Norris humor.

• Advertisement

its so funny that they start bitching about america now, see glenn beck crying on tv, bitching about civil rights lol

I've watched Glen back, and to be quite honest. hes mental.

He has cried on T.V a few times I believe, seriously toughen the **** up. I don't care who he is who you are. Anyone who cries like a baby on national T.V and does nothing about it.

Should be taken somewhere and shot, these people are a boon to society. Good jesus this is why I just cannot stand T.V. The drama that we put up it:mad: I seen a clip of him crying about the Media attacking Sarah palin.

I actually wanted to cry out of disturbance.

Seriosuly this world is just so mad, I'm laughing

A kung foo, celebrity, cowboy, blow in stuck in the 80s type man wants to change the world give me a ****ing break.

This is just silly. The reason why I said would he name 3 towns in France, was because he wouldnt have a ****ing clue.

What Chuck Norris, does is what alot of celebrities like him do to get press. Ann Coulter is one like him. Maybe not the same politics, but they are both incredibly stupid IMO.

Seriosuly this world is just so mad, I'm laughing

A kung foo, celebrity, cowboy, blow in stuck in the 80s type man wants to change the world give me a ****ing break.

This is just silly. The reason why I said would he name 3 towns in France, was because he wouldnt have a ****ing clue.

What Chuck Norris, does is what alot of celebrities like him do to get press. Ann Coulter is one like him. Maybe not the same politics, but they are both incredibly stupid IMO.

Ooooh, I wish I was as clever as you...

Mysterious, please think Before you type.

whatever your personal prejudies towards Mr Norris may be you are doing yerself no favours by shooting off at themouth all the time.

Als I wudnt raelly beeone a dem grammer Nazis or spel czeks

But

Dictionary.com

try it out

Specifically cos this one irks me slightly, and if you're not corrected then you will never know yer mistake, look up the word 'BOON'

then have a look again at the context you are usin it in.

like I said I wouldnt normally do this to posters but sometimes people need to have some of their errors pointed out, because of the situation you have positioned yerself in here due to your beliefs a lot of the Skepticsl Cynics are just lookin for the opportunity to make you look foolish and have a cheap laugh at your expense.

If you work with the rest of us tho we can help you to articulate clearly the thoughts that are percolating in your mind, posters from both 'sides' will be only too willing to help, you have to make an effort too tho and not post rants or wander of on wild tangents, sound good

lets make it work.

Matama, it's something I do in real life, I don't always think before I speak. It just literally runs from my mouth:D. You should see when it comes clashing with authority and work peers.

But I do make more of an effort to curb, my impaitence, bluntness, forwardness, carelessness and insensitivity to other peoples views.

And for the spelling that is because I don't read back.
    My spelling is quite good I just make alot of typing errors because I'm typing very fast.Throughout my academic life, I was a pro at spelling, and never needed to learn spelling. I just knew from the first time I seen the word.

You have to admit I do bring alot of energy to this forum though.

Nuclear weapons are a lot of Energy too tho

Nuclear REACTORS are a better more controlled release of that energy
    ;)

• Advertisement

Lads either stay on topic or dont post in the thread.

If you guys want to chat please take it to PM or swap numbers.

Mahatma coat, infracted for backseat modding

as I said in the PM, WTF, how is that backseatmoddin, I offerd the youngfella some friendly advice user to user.

I'll say no more to ya on it now cos I'm pissed off about that

Off topic: Ouch on the infraction.

On topic: The fact the Chuck Norris is an icon of popular culture shouldn't negate the possibility that he might actually be a philanthropist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

as I said in the PM, WTF, how is that backseatmoddin, I offerd the youngfella some friendly advice user to user.

I'll say no more to ya on it now cos I'm pissed off about that

Please read the charter. It clearly states what to do or not to do if you have an issue with a moderation decision. You're doing what it clearly tells you not to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Off topic: Ouch on the infraction.

Same applies here. This is not the appropriate place to be commenting on moderator decisions.

• Advertisement

Rookie mistake then.

On topic: The fact the Chuck Norris is an icon of popular culture shouldn't negate the possibility that he might actually be a philanthropist

Advertisement