Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router advice needed

Options
  • 10-03-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

My Netgear DG834PN router doesn't work anymore and despite it being under warranty I don't want another one from them. Plus it'll be another '10 business days' before I get a new one as I have to send mine back.

All lights are on, BT say the line is fine (has been checked by an engineer) but have tried reconfiguring router without success. No IP address on ADSL port no matter how many times I put in my settings. At this stage I have run out of patience.

I've had no net access for the last 11 days so I just wanna buy something new as soon as possible.

Something fairly simple required.
    I just use my internet for surfing and uploading the odd mix CD. Don't download music or films.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

I know you dont want to fix the router you have and just want to get another one but...if its not your router then you will be just wasting money and more importanlly time

wirelessly can you log into http://192.168.0.1/ admin password default username and password unless you changed them

i have same router and bt tried posting screenshot of my settings for the settings in the netgear router webpage let me know more than happy to email it to you
    [IMG]file:///home/sgelsot/Desktop/Screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///home/sgelsot/Desktop/Screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///home/sgelsot/Desktop/Screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Thanks for your response.
    I am able to log in to router page using 192.168.0.1 and have input the relevant BT settings - PPPoE, LLC, 8 and 35 numerous times but still can't get anywhere.
    The light says connected but no pages will load. BT say I am not hitting their server.

Netgear have admitted that the router 'has gone bad' but their returns process is cumbersome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

sorry and good luck

i wont recommed mine because even though its hasnt broke i ve had my own issues with it firmware updates and such

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have been using a cheap and cheerful dlink wireless router (with external cable modem) because I am sick of having problems with expensive feature rich ones. I have sent back/brought back to shops 3 different "top of the range" ones because they have gone titsup in one way or another.

So I use Devolo powerline adapters and only use the wireless for my phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

I have a trendnet, been doing the job for quite a bit.
    grand job

• Advertisement
Advertisement