Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Extras Needed

Options
  • 10-03-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi!
    My name is Stephen Kirk. I am working as the Extras Co-Ordinator on an upcoming Feature Film for Spyglass in association with Irish based company World 2000 Entertainment called “Leap Year.” The Film is set in the USA , UK and Ireland . Filming will commence in the Dublin area in March for the duration of 9 weeks. We are advertising for a range of extras to take part, hoping to give people the opportunity to rub shoulders with a host of A-List celebrities who can currently be seen on the big screen such as Amy Adams, who was recently nominated for an Oscar as Best Supporting Actress in “Doubt” and Matthew Goode who you can see in “Watchmen” – two blockbusters!
    It is a contemporary story; Goode will play an Irish Inn keeper who helps an American (Adams) on her travels across Ireland to propose to her boyfriend on Leap Day.
    Leading the way will be Director Anand Tucker and Writers Harry Elfont, Deborah Kaplan & Simon Beaufoy who wrote the screenplay for multi-Oscar winning “Slumdog Millionaire.”
    To begin this process, we will be holding two open casting sessions at Liberty Hall, Eden Quay, Dublin 1 (SIPTU building) on Friday 13th & Saturday 14th of March between 12.00pm and 7.00pm.
    We would love to see everyone interested attend our open casting session however if they cannot, you can post or email your details to:

Extras Dept, Lef Productions, C/o Molloy & Sherry (Eirfreeze) Ltd, Bond Road, Alexander Quay, Dublin 3.
    OR
    EMAIL: leapyear2009@yahoo.ie

Many Thanks!
    Stephen Kirk
    Extras Co-Ordinator - 0868544015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Do you need any previous acting experience or is the casting open to anyone ? What type of people are you looking for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Hey I am just wondering. At the weekend do we just show up to get a picture taking and you guys screen everyone's pictures and call us back?
    Or do we find out there and then whether we will be needed as an extra?
    Do we get paid? :)
    Please Wb Soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leapyear2009

This just registers your interest. We compile all the info and begin casting in the coming weeks. All work done thereafter is paid. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

What type of age/sex demographic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

kids / adults ???

• Advertisement

Hey
    Just wondering, I was there at the weekend and I am wondering when does everybody find out if they got through or didn't? :)

Thanks (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vocalvenus

I was at the casting on the saturday and got a message to go for a costume call tomorrow! :-)

---> VocalVenus?
    What Age You?
    Like You in School Or Anytin?
    Like im Jus Wondering Do They Hire People Who Aren't in School?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vocalvenus

Oh, sorry I really thought I replied to this!!!!!

I think they are taking adults and children for this, really not sure if they have completed the casting for extras but I would say so...

xoxox

Advertisement