Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United (0) v (0) Internazionale Milano UCL - 11/3/09 - 7.45pm MATCH THREAD

Comments

Des wrote: »
    Park is an awesome player.

Honest as the day is long, and he's great to have there, relieving the pressure.

He's one of my favourite players in the world at the minute

Hes like a Dirk Kuyt without the goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Photi wrote: »
    Typical of the modern day footballer..self sacrifice

does not compute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Full-time: 2-0 (2-0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Bye Bye Mourinho
    Bye Bye Mourinho

Bye Bye Mourinho
    Bye Bye Mourinho

COME ON UNITED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Strange game. Inter will be wondering how they didn't score and rueing a missed opportunity overall.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Inter will be wondering how they didn't score

One word : Ibrahimovic'sshíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Extra time in Stadio Olimpico for the junkies out there.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    United break the duct of the current champions going out at the last 16 stage

Bring on liverpool....

They will be bricking it after that show

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They will be bricking it after that show

I guess we will have to wait and see;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

United win blah, blah, blah but I just can't get over Pighead being one of them.

"YOU'RE DEAD TO ME MAN!!!" :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Underwhelming final whistle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Again with the Tiger Woods' and the Ruby Walshes...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Bugger, just lost out on the money back special with paddypower for first goal scorer!

Ronaldo's goal was the last of all the champions league games, until the last minute of the barca game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

What's the story with Giles and Dunphy? Every fecken team in the world is sh!te according to them!

Quint wrote: »
    What's the story with Giles and Dunphy? Every fecken team in the world is sh!te according to them!

stirring controversey.

it beats Sky and Co claiming every team is the best ever tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Hope we get Porto in the next round! Get revenge on the team, after we got revenge on there ex manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

it incites debate. i often find myself shouting at them on the telly, but its better than some puppets saying everything is top, top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Strange game. Good result, best team won over 2 legs.
    If tonight was a blip, and it turned out to be a 2-0 win over the Italian League leaders, I'll take it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

D/C wrote: »
    Hope we get Porto in the next round! Get revenge on the team, after we got revenge on there ex manager!

Nah, give us Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fair play to United. Wasnt the most impressive performance in the world but they got their goals and defended well.

Disappointed (but not surprised) with the RTE coverage again. Not a word about United being in the last eight of Europe, not a word about them not conceding against Inter Milan over two legs...straight into the negative talk, and what the hell does Tiger Woods have to do with Manchester United v Inter Milan ?

Dunphy "Ronaldo contributed nothing"

Bill "He scored a goal Eamonn.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't want Man Utd facing an English team in the Champions League. Hopefully Chelsea will draw Liverpool :p

When's the draw btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well that was easy, if Inter had of scored it would of being the kick up the arse the playeres needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I would love us to get Porto or Villarreal for obvious reasons but want to avoid Bayern as they look like the form team as regards the champions league and no matter what people say they have a very strong team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I want all 4 English clubs in the semis. Just to piss off UEFA and platini

Tusky wrote: »
    Dunphy "Ronaldo contributed nothing"

Bill "He scored a goal Eamonn.."
    Classic! I missed that, switched over to the Arsenal game. Would have loved to see dunphys reaction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I don't want Man Utd facing an English team in the Champions League. Hopefully Chelsea will draw Liverpool :p

When's the draw btw?

Think its on Friday week the 20th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

The draw is march 20th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

the Greatest Player in the World bottles it once again.

Never scoring in the group stages of the Champions League in seven attempts? :pac:

This match showed just how useless Inter Milan are. United were garbage but they still won 2-0.

Once again, the Greatest Player in the World bottles it once again.

Never scoring in the group stages of the Champions League in seven attempts? :pac:

This match showed just how useless Inter Milan are. United were garbage but they still won 2-0.
    :confused:

the Greatest Player in the World bottles it once again.

I think you're overrating Ibrahimovic a bit there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any mention on RTE that Scholes had a nightmare ?

Daysha wrote: »
    I think you're overrating Ibrahimovic a bit there.

No that would be "the special one".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good result, dodgyish performance but we did enough. Ibra shoulda scored, Ronaldo did score, basically the difference in the game.

Decent attacking performance with Rooney doing well (got the assist, set up O'Shea and had that rocket shot to eventuallly set up Berbatov)

Was disappointed with Berbatov and I thought O'Shea could have easily have had 2-3 yellows, easily.

Nonetheless, we got the hardest team we possibly could have got, and we got past them. I'm hoping for anyone but an English club and Barca.
    Bayern, Villarael or Porto please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

R. Whelan "Utd rode their luck"

Dunphy "I rode your sister.."

Bill :eek:

According to the boys on the panel, unless you win every game by aboyt 3 goals, you're sh!te.
    I do agree, it's better than sky sports rubbish

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

hallelujah wrote: »
    R. Whelan "Utd rode their luck"

Dunphy "I rode your sister.."

Bill :eek:

Seriously?! :eek:

PHB wrote: »
    I'm hoping for anyone but an English club and Barca.
    Bayern, Villarael or Porto please.

or Roma...

jaykay74 wrote: »
    or Roma...

eh, there still playing !

redout wrote: »
    eh, there still playing !

If Arsenal get though don't want them but wouldn't mind Roma...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't like Villarreal tbh. We've a dodgy record against them in recent years. Porto would be the easiest game, followed by Roma, but I would so dearly like to get Liverpool.

Anyone but Chelsea though.

mistake. wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Delighted with that game. Was gonna put a bet on Vidic to score first! ARGH :( Park scoring would have made it more bareable. ;)

We certainly didn't play the best. Our left hand side was so open there was always a free man there, Evra looked in trouble more than once. Giggs continously coming inside me thinks. We just really didn't close down enough and we need to do that on saturday if Liverpool play anything like they did yesterday. =/

Glad we won. Hope we don't get an english team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Everyone keeps talking about how badly we played. Maybe it was because I didn't have the best view (in the pub), but I thought we played at least as well as Inter. I agree Berba and O'Shea played really badly. That said, I think we needed Berba on tonight; Tevez wouldn't have suited this game.
    It's been a bit of a hallmark this season, not playing to our best but grinding out results. I'm delighted we've done it again.

Side note: in Sweden, Ibrahimovic is huge. Newspapers have a few pages on sport and then the Ibra section. There's a lot of billboards. So there was big Ibramhimovic contigent in the pub tonight and they were really yuppie types. I was sitting right in the middle of all of them. It was brilliant just watching him fail again and again. I have never seen faces sink so much. They weren't even supporting Inter, they were just supporting him, so it was the same as Inter losing by 4 or 5 goals. Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Ryan Giggs was bloody marvellous at Old Trafford tonight. Having just watched the match, he was almost Maradonna-like with the ball at his feet. Just a pure dribbling masterclass from the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    United win blah, blah, blah but I just can't get over Pighead being one of them.

"YOU'RE DEAD TO ME MAN!!!" :o

"One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us!" :D

I agree with ^, I thought Giggs was very good today, his dribbling was fantastic! Made a couple of bad decisions, but overall one of our better players.

Very bogey start to the match (after the goal of course), but still a win !

Also had Vida first goalscorer! :D €1 @ 22/1 :cool: Also had Rio, Johno and Carrick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

decent game, and congratulations utd on a very professional performance.

haven't read the thread, but imo utd were made feel a little uncomfortable. its was a resilient performance from inter for the bulk of 70mins. it was never a 2-0 game.

utd did what they do best though; be solid, and then clinical when they need to be. there were times when i thought they were playing very much within themselves, but at other times i wasn't so sure.

motm imo was probably giggs, he looked like he was 25 again at times. but it was such a 'team' performance that it was hard to pick anyone out really.

scholes' passing at times was out of this world.
    vidic again was a rock, while ferdinand didn't really look himself.

ibra deserves a bit of a mention i feel, as he was awesome at times in the 1st half. the way he handled utd's defence on his own and kept the ball when it would simply be thumped up to him with barely any support was impressive to watch. he, and most of the inter team, gave up a bit by 70mins though.

inter were very competitive and deserved a goal, especially for how they played for 20mins or so at the end of the 1st half.

however utd were worthy winners on balance, and probably could have gone up a gear if needed. but if ibra scores that header, or adriano scores that volley, or both, you just don't know. there are always ties and moments along the way where you need the rub of the green i suppose.

can't wait for the draw. hope you get barca or chelsea :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

SlickRic wrote: »
    can't wait for the draw. hope you get barca or chelsea :pac:

Piece of p*ss, sure we beat them last year :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that WCC badge is in a horrible position right above the AIG

but suppose thats the price of being world club champions ;):pac:

SlickRic wrote: »

scholes' passing at times was out of this world.

Are you sure that you were watching the United game ? Scholes had a stinker, worst performance I have seen by him in a very long time. His passing was horrendous at times and if anyone watched on Sky and not RTE they would heard Martin Tyler commenting on it. Look back over the thread and see people were calling for him to be taken off during the game and how bad he looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

redout wrote: »
    Are you sure that you were watching the United game ? Scholes had a stinker, worst performance I have seen by him in a very long time. His passing was horrendous at times and if anyone watched on Sky and not RTE they would heard Martin Tyler commenting on it. Look back over the thread and see people were calling for him to be taken off during the game and how bad he looked.

fair enough.

maybe i was blinded by his 50-yard cross field passing at the start of the game. maybe he does that all the time and i should just accept it. i still find that kind of play impressive. ah sure.

i didn't notice him making many mistakes, but hey, we all miss things during games.

didn't think he had a stinker either way though. just not his best. but then again only giggs really reached a particularly high level i thought.

wait, i remember one dodgy pass on the halfway line leading to an inter breakaway attack :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement