Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat Chick Jogging

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

always good to get it out of the way before work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Yup. Difficult to get the hair in decent nick before work, however...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

good on ya:D

And how are you doing on the running? You getting out there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

my ankle is in bits so not going outside the door now,,really need to go to the doc but you know yourself:D,,might stick my leg up when they doin the other thing on tuesday:D

• Advertisement

Did another three miles on Saturday. Steady pace and the like. However,....

Saturday was a fairly busy day. So much so that when I got home at seven, I went for a nap. And woke up at 2am. And went right back to sleep and woke at nine. Mad, Ted.

Then today, a swim. I would like to thank Trinity college, for managing to include club activities without any notice to its members, thereby keeping all us swimmers on our toes. Also, well done on closing a leisure centre on a bank holiday, thereby ignoring both the words 'leisure' and 'holiday'.

Three mile run, start at 6.47, finish at 7.18.

Three mile run, start at 6.55, finish at 7.26 (according to Anna Livia FM, who were thankfully playing Paul Weller).

Three mile run, start 6.55, end 7.26.

Didn't do a single thing and frankly hating it. Planning a four mile run tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

Just read your thread, Your already motivated. Look at what you have achieved. thats motivation, hard to start and keep going. Set yourself a goal. Nothing to out there, For running setting aside a particular time to run is the easiest. I find running in the morning the hardest, Do all my running in the evening. Aim to improve your previous time, I find is one of the best ways to motivate oneself.
    Keep it up, Doing very good.

Thanks Bull76! Think.

Up and out this am, started at 11.23 and in at 12 noon for a three miler. Will try harder tomorrow!

At least your getting out there. Keep it up. Your times are consistant. Shows good pacing and management of your energies.
    I haven't been able to get out running for a while now, recovering from a Labral tear and some wear and tear of the cartilage in my hip. So nearly fully recovered so I'll be back to pounding the road's but won't be doing half as much mileage as I was doing. Was up to 12mile run's every other day. Felt good to get out, for the past few months have just been admiring everyone out running and thinking about what I'm missing. Sad I know but I used to look forward to going for a run.

Are you incorporating some speed work? It mixes thing's up and can help improve your pace.

Bull76: Trying to get some speed work up. But I have a ways to go there.

I got out on Sunday and did work on Sandymount beach. Rubbish stamina and strength, but fun none the less.

Today due to various factors, I was running exhausted. Did a mere two miler and the time was dreadful. Humphf.

If your at the beach and there was some dunes, perfect for your legs and lungs. Running in soft sand is hard, but is very good to help with improvement.
    Don't knock yourself on the bad run, we all get days like that. Just put it behind you, you got out, thats what counts.
    Speed work is difficult as you have your body set for jogging, be sure your warmed up before doing any speed work or you could strain something at a minimum.

Keep it up.

Bull76.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

*ahem*

Ladies Marathon, Walls : just under 1:00:00

Yay!

Yeah, was hoping for the 55 minute mark but the sun just beat me down. Managed to get sun stroke which had me feeling just dreadful. I'm taking today off, just a swim to cool down in, then another run tomorrow morning.

Edit; to confirm, 59.16 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Congrats, that's a great time considering the conditions yesterday! I found it tough and I was just watching ;) Great to finish just outside the top 1000 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well done Walls! I like the way you kept the 55 minute record for a cooler day. Great thinking! No need to get all the records in one race. Leave some for the next race. :)

Well done Walls! I like the way you kept the 55 minute record for a cooler day. Great thinking! No need to get all the records in one race. Leave some for the next race. :)
    Am...Yes! Yes, that is it exactly!:o

• Advertisement

Congrats on your time.
    How's your training going? or have you taken some time out...

Haven't done a damn thing, but I suspect that you asking will see me get out there and get going. I still cycle to work and swim, but have avoided the running through sheer laziness.

Wouldn't blame you. At least your cycling and swimming. Running in this weather is tough.
    You should set your sight's on the run's in the phoenix park, believe there is a 5 miler in July. It's part of a series, 5, 10 and 15 miler, leading up to the marathon.
    I know all that is a bit much, but you could easily do the 5 miler.

Advertisement