Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole question re; P45

• 10-03-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Ok so I was on the dole for the first time around Aug/Sept for 2 months. After that I moved here to Italy and have been studying and working as a waitress. (presently working as an Au Pair)
    I am moving home in a few weeks and while I am hoping to get a job in a restaurant I am not sure it will be so easy(!)
    My question is should I need to go on the dole again while I search what do I do re; P45, I gave it to Social Services when I applied for the dole. Do I need to request it from them now? How do I do that?
    Even if I find a job I will need my P45 for tax etc, to be sorted out.
    Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭carrieb

Sorry! Didn't know where to post.. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

carrieb wrote: »
    Ok so I was on the dole for the first time around Aug/Sept for 2 months. After that I moved here to Italy and have been studying and working as a waitress. (presently working as an Au Pair)
    I am moving home in a few weeks and while I am hoping to get a job in a restaurant I am not sure it will be so easy(!)
    My question is should I need to go on the dole again while I search what do I do re; P45, I gave it to Social Services when I applied for the dole. Do I need to request it from them now? How do I do that?
    Even if I find a job I will need my P45 for tax etc, to be sorted out.
    Cheers!

Your P45 relates to last year as thats when you ceased employment so if you get a job this year your p45 will be irrelavent as it relates to last year. All you need is your employers registration number and your start date. Contact revenue with this detail about a week or two before you start and your tax should be sorted.

Unable to help re social welfare side im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Forget about your P45, it's no good for either a new employer or Social Welfare. It relates to tax paid in 2008, and is not of use as we are now in a new tax year. Anyway, only the part relevant for social welfare purposes is kept, that's why it comes in three parts.

If you want to sign for unemployment assistance, I wouldn't delay, as claims are not usually backdated. The procedure will be just the same as when you claimed last year - present yourself at your local social welfare office, with just a photographic form of ID, and proof of address. That's it!

Advertisement